'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' Debuts Alternate Trailer Centering on the Dwarfs
Promoting its highly anticipated fantasy movie "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", Warner Bros. Pictures unleashed an alternate trailer for the Peter Jackson-directed epic film. Though it looks similar to the previously released trailer, the video offers a good look at the dwarfs and its leader Thorin Oakenshield before they take Bilbo Baggins to a perilous journey in the Middle Earth.
"I cannot guarantee his safety, nor will I be responsible for his fate," so Thorin tells Gandalf The Grey after he's introduced to Bilbo. Some other new scenes are featured in the trailer, including the ones that see Bilbo hiding behind a tree and running through a forest in Mirkwood. A glimpse at Bilbo's first encounter with Gollum is shown at the end of the sneak peek.
"The Hobbit" follows the journey of Bilbo, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by Gandalf, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin.
Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever; Gollum. Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo not only discovers depths of guile and courage that surprise even him, but he also gains possession of Gollum's "precious" ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities.
The first installment of the "Hobbit" film franchise, which has recently been designed as a trilogy, will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on December 14. It stars Martin Freeman as Bilbo, Richard Armitage as Thorin, Ian McKellen as Gandalf, and Andy Serkis as Gollum.
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'