Eminem Almost Quit Rapping After Being Booed in His First Gig
Eminem revealed that he got booed in his first show. The Slim Shady said in Ice-T's documentary "Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap" that he was so embarrassed that he considered to back off and not to pursue his rapping career any further.
"The first time I rapped in front of actual people that mattered, in a club, I got booed," the Detroit rapper remembered. "And it was very traumatic for me. I just remember it being so f***ing traumatic, and I think I went home and I was like, man, I quit."
The retirement the Marshall Matter initially planned didn't last long though. "And you know a week later, a day later, an hour later I got the urge, and I was like, I gotta get up, I gotta do it again," he gushed as quoted by The List.
"I certainly feel like if it wasn't for rap, obviously, I wouldn't be here, but it gave me my voice, it gave me my outlook, it gave me strength, you know what I came back from, overdose and a whole load of s**t - without rap I wouldn't be able to do a f***ing thing."
Eminem said basketball was the only other thing that he could do well, besides rapping. "This is the one thing I feel that I feel like I have and a can do well, if I didn't have this I don't think I could do anything else, except for maybe play basketball," he said.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says