Eminem Almost Quit Rapping After Being Booed in His First Gig
Eminem revealed that he got booed in his first show. The Slim Shady said in Ice-T's documentary "Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap" that he was so embarrassed that he considered to back off and not to pursue his rapping career any further.
"The first time I rapped in front of actual people that mattered, in a club, I got booed," the Detroit rapper remembered. "And it was very traumatic for me. I just remember it being so f***ing traumatic, and I think I went home and I was like, man, I quit."
The retirement the Marshall Matter initially planned didn't last long though. "And you know a week later, a day later, an hour later I got the urge, and I was like, I gotta get up, I gotta do it again," he gushed as quoted by The List.
"I certainly feel like if it wasn't for rap, obviously, I wouldn't be here, but it gave me my voice, it gave me my outlook, it gave me strength, you know what I came back from, overdose and a whole load of s**t - without rap I wouldn't be able to do a f***ing thing."
Eminem said basketball was the only other thing that he could do well, besides rapping. "This is the one thing I feel that I feel like I have and a can do well, if I didn't have this I don't think I could do anything else, except for maybe play basketball," he said.
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?