Eminem Almost Quit Rapping After Being Booed in His First Gig
Eminem revealed that he got booed in his first show. The Slim Shady said in Ice-T's documentary "Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap" that he was so embarrassed that he considered to back off and not to pursue his rapping career any further.
"The first time I rapped in front of actual people that mattered, in a club, I got booed," the Detroit rapper remembered. "And it was very traumatic for me. I just remember it being so f***ing traumatic, and I think I went home and I was like, man, I quit."
The retirement the Marshall Matter initially planned didn't last long though. "And you know a week later, a day later, an hour later I got the urge, and I was like, I gotta get up, I gotta do it again," he gushed as quoted by The List.
"I certainly feel like if it wasn't for rap, obviously, I wouldn't be here, but it gave me my voice, it gave me my outlook, it gave me strength, you know what I came back from, overdose and a whole load of s**t - without rap I wouldn't be able to do a f***ing thing."
Eminem said basketball was the only other thing that he could do well, besides rapping. "This is the one thing I feel that I feel like I have and a can do well, if I didn't have this I don't think I could do anything else, except for maybe play basketball," he said.
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why