Lollapalooza Day 1: Black Sabbath and Haley Reinhart Rock the Show
Lollapalooza Music Festival was officially kicked off on August 3 at the Grant Park in Chicago. It was stuffed with must-see performances by the likes of Black Sabbath and Haley Reinhart. Other musical guests included The Black Keys, Metric and The Shins.
Ozzy Osbourne and his bandmates made triumphant performances on the Friday gig, kicking off their set with an eponymous song before rocking the house with such tracks as "Beyond the Wall of Sleep" and "Under the Sun" and closing it with "Paranoid" as an encore.
Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney appeared before the concertgoers after Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel gave a brief introductory speech. "American Idol" alum Haley made history by becoming the first singer from the competition to take the Lollapalooza stage.
The third-place finisher catered the crowd in front of BMI stage with her songs from debut album "Listen Up!". She delivered "Free", "Keep Coming Back", "Oh My" and "Walking on Heaven". A bonus track "Spiderweb" also made its live debut on the music festivity.
When singing "Oh My", Haley did a double duty by rapping the lines originally rapped by B.o.B who was unfortunately not in the house. "It's pretty rad, I can't believe it. It's so rewarding," she told MTV News after her performance. "I'm feeling so honored to be a part of it."
"I think I was more nervous every day leading up to this point and I got here and it kind of all went away. I let loose," she continued. "I've had a little bit of experience with that and the big crowds and live performing like this is what I really love. It's my passion. I let loose and had a ball with it."
Not only did it mark her Lollapalooza debut but the gig was also a family affair. "I have an amazing band that I've barely played with behind me, but my mom and sister doing backup vocals, my dad on guitar, just such an incredible feeling," she gushed.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up