Whitney Houston Has Argument With Jordin Sparks in First 'Sparkle' Clip
Whitney Houston is featured prominently in the first clip of her last movie, "Sparkle". In it, the late diva is seen having an argument with her on-screen daughter Jordin Sparks. The mother is seen sticking to her strict household rules and not allowing the daughter to pursue music career, but the younger lady insists that she must explore her talent.
Aside from the said clip, there are two more snippets for the motown drama that have made its way out online. One of them features a conversation at a bar between a talent agent and a guy who happens to be the boyfriend of one of Jordin's siblings. The other clip, meanwhile, shows Jordin and her on-screen sisters wowing the audience at the bar with their stunning stage performance and vocal chops.
A remake of the 1976 music-themed film of the same title, "Sparkle" was inspired by the story of The Supremes. It follows the journey of the three Williams sisters, who begin singing in Harlem in the late 1950 before finding fame as a girl group. Their sudden rise, however, unravels their personal lives.
To open in the U.S. cinemas on August 17, "Sparkle" is directed by Salim Akil whose wife Mara Brock Akil provides the screenplay. The drama is also supported by Mike Epps, Omari Hardwick, Cee-Lo Green, Carmen Ejogo, Tika Sumpter and Derek Luke.
"I Can't Stop Now":
"Boyfriend Can't Do Anything for Me":
"Hooked on Your Love":
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign