Report: Sid Ganis and Lorne Michaels Courted to Produce Academy Awards 2013
A day after Jimmy Fallon was rumored to be eyed as the host for the 2013 Academy Awards, it is now reported that two acclaimed producers are approached to produce next year's Oscars telecast. Los Angeles Times reports that the two names are former AMPAS President Sid Ganis and "Saturday Night Live" veteran Lorne Michaels.
Michaels himself has been mentioned as a possible producer for next year's Oscars with Fallon tackling the hosting duty. However, ABC which airs the annual prestigious event reportedly has objection on hiring the two since they work for rival channel NBC. As for Ganis, his camp has yet to comment on the report.
It's still unclear whether or not the Academy will continue on pursuing Ganis if the negotiations with Michaels fail. Representatives for the organization haven't made a statement to clarify the swirling report.
Ganis served as the AMPAS leader from 2005-2009. He is also known as Columbia Pictures' vice chairman and president of marketing and distribution, as well as Columbia TriStar's president of worldwide marketing. He has also landed top positions at LucasFilm, Warner Bros. Pictures, Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox. His producing credits included some of Adam Sandler's comedies such as "Big Daddy" and "Mr. Deeds".
Soon after Hawk Koch was elected as the new Academy president on Tuesday, July 31, he stated that his first order of business was to find the right Oscar host and show producer. He claimed that "comedy was a priority" for next year's show.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- Calvin Harris Premieres Beachy Music Video for 'Feels' Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell and Big Sean
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?