Christian Bale May Star in Mexican Revolution Pic 'Creed of Violence'
It doesn't take too long for Christian Bale to nab a new movie role post-"The Dark Knight Rises". The Oscar-winning actor is entering negotiations to join Todd Field's upcoming high-end movie project "The Creed of Violence".
According to Variety, Bale is courted to tackle one of the two male lead characters called Rawbone. The other protagonist, meanwhile, is called John Lourdes. It is still unclear who is eyed to star as John.
"Creed of Violence" is adapted from Boston Teran's acclaimed novel which is set in the 1910 Mexican revolution. The story focuses on an unlikely duo which consists of small-time assassin Rawbone and young Bureau of Investigation agent John. Together, they team up to infiltrate the Mexican criminal underground, while dealing with thieves, smugglers and professional killers.
The movie project is developed at Universal with Cross Creek Pictures financing it. Cross Creek boss Brian Oliver initially compared the upcoming film to Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" and said that "Teran's novel brings a unique perspective to U.S. imperialism for oil in the early 20th century."
In addition to serving as the director, Todd Field will work to pen the script. The project is expected to be filmed sometime in early 2013 in both the American Southwest and some parts of Mexico.
After starring in "The Dark Knight Rises", Christian Bale will next be seen in Scott Cooper's "Dust to Dust" (previously known as "Out of the Furnace"). He has also signed in to Terrence Malick's upcoming films, "Lawless" and "Knight of Cups".
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video