Christian Bale May Star in Mexican Revolution Pic 'Creed of Violence'
It doesn't take too long for Christian Bale to nab a new movie role post-"The Dark Knight Rises". The Oscar-winning actor is entering negotiations to join Todd Field's upcoming high-end movie project "The Creed of Violence".
According to Variety, Bale is courted to tackle one of the two male lead characters called Rawbone. The other protagonist, meanwhile, is called John Lourdes. It is still unclear who is eyed to star as John.
"Creed of Violence" is adapted from Boston Teran's acclaimed novel which is set in the 1910 Mexican revolution. The story focuses on an unlikely duo which consists of small-time assassin Rawbone and young Bureau of Investigation agent John. Together, they team up to infiltrate the Mexican criminal underground, while dealing with thieves, smugglers and professional killers.
The movie project is developed at Universal with Cross Creek Pictures financing it. Cross Creek boss Brian Oliver initially compared the upcoming film to Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" and said that "Teran's novel brings a unique perspective to U.S. imperialism for oil in the early 20th century."
In addition to serving as the director, Todd Field will work to pen the script. The project is expected to be filmed sometime in early 2013 in both the American Southwest and some parts of Mexico.
After starring in "The Dark Knight Rises", Christian Bale will next be seen in Scott Cooper's "Dust to Dust" (previously known as "Out of the Furnace"). He has also signed in to Terrence Malick's upcoming films, "Lawless" and "Knight of Cups".
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber