'Once Upon a Time' Finds Its Captain Hook in the 'Rite' Star
"Once Upon a Time" has added another actor to the cast ensemble of season 2 to play Captain Hook. It's Irish actor Colin O'Donoghue who lands the pivotal role of the villainous pirate captain. He will first appear in the fourth episode of the show's sophomore season.
The ABC show's version of the Peter Pan nemesis is described as "a confident pirate who never backs down from a fight; a man who seeks to crush and humiliate his enemies," according to Entertainment Weekly. Still, he "has the meticulous style and manners of a proper gentleman."
The character has been teased in a preview video that was screened during the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con in July. In it, a man whose face is unseen breaks into Mr. Gold's pawn shop and steals a hook to be put back on his hand.
"Once Upon a Time" will return with all-new episodes starting Sunday, September 30 at 8 P.M. on ABC. Other fairytale characters who will make appearance on the fantasy series include Mulan who will be portrayed by Jamie Chung, and Sleeping Beauty who will be played by Sarah Bolger.
Colin O'Donoghue previously appeared as Duke Philip of Bavaria on "The Tudors" and as Conor Elliott on award-winning Irish medical drama series "The Clinic". He made his big screen debut in 2011's "The Rite", which also stars Anthony Hopkins.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why