'Once Upon a Time' Finds Its Captain Hook in the 'Rite' Star
"Once Upon a Time" has added another actor to the cast ensemble of season 2 to play Captain Hook. It's Irish actor Colin O'Donoghue who lands the pivotal role of the villainous pirate captain. He will first appear in the fourth episode of the show's sophomore season.
The ABC show's version of the Peter Pan nemesis is described as "a confident pirate who never backs down from a fight; a man who seeks to crush and humiliate his enemies," according to Entertainment Weekly. Still, he "has the meticulous style and manners of a proper gentleman."
The character has been teased in a preview video that was screened during the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con in July. In it, a man whose face is unseen breaks into Mr. Gold's pawn shop and steals a hook to be put back on his hand.
"Once Upon a Time" will return with all-new episodes starting Sunday, September 30 at 8 P.M. on ABC. Other fairytale characters who will make appearance on the fantasy series include Mulan who will be portrayed by Jamie Chung, and Sleeping Beauty who will be played by Sarah Bolger.
Colin O'Donoghue previously appeared as Duke Philip of Bavaria on "The Tudors" and as Conor Elliott on award-winning Irish medical drama series "The Clinic". He made his big screen debut in 2011's "The Rite", which also stars Anthony Hopkins.
More Once Upon a Time News
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?