'Once Upon a Time' Finds Its Captain Hook in the 'Rite' Star
"Once Upon a Time" has added another actor to the cast ensemble of season 2 to play Captain Hook. It's Irish actor Colin O'Donoghue who lands the pivotal role of the villainous pirate captain. He will first appear in the fourth episode of the show's sophomore season.
The ABC show's version of the Peter Pan nemesis is described as "a confident pirate who never backs down from a fight; a man who seeks to crush and humiliate his enemies," according to Entertainment Weekly. Still, he "has the meticulous style and manners of a proper gentleman."
The character has been teased in a preview video that was screened during the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con in July. In it, a man whose face is unseen breaks into Mr. Gold's pawn shop and steals a hook to be put back on his hand.
"Once Upon a Time" will return with all-new episodes starting Sunday, September 30 at 8 P.M. on ABC. Other fairytale characters who will make appearance on the fantasy series include Mulan who will be portrayed by Jamie Chung, and Sleeping Beauty who will be played by Sarah Bolger.
Colin O'Donoghue previously appeared as Duke Philip of Bavaria on "The Tudors" and as Conor Elliott on award-winning Irish medical drama series "The Clinic". He made his big screen debut in 2011's "The Rite", which also stars Anthony Hopkins.
More Once Upon a Time News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences