Rosie O'Donnell Postpones Wedding for Fiancee to Recover From Cancer
Rosie O'Donnell shared a sad news about her fiancee, Michelle Rounds, who suffered from a rare and potentially fatal disease. The talk show host posted on her blog that their wedding has been postponed to give time to Rounds aka Mish to recover from a surgery to remove desmoid tumors.
Writing it as a poem, O'Donnell said Mish woke up on Mother's Day feeling "morning pain that won't let up." After some time figuring what happened to Mish, the doctors finally diagnosed her with desmoid tumors. "Only 900 cases a year in the U.S., an orphan disease - beyond rare. Only 3 people per million get this. Michelle is one of them," O'Donnell wrote.
Mish had her surgery in June and is "getting stronger every day". Their wedding has been postponed until next summer. O'Donnell is asking for donations for the Desmoid Tumor Research Foundation in lieu of wedding gifts.
More Rosie O'Donnell News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance