Nickelodeon Picks Up 'iCarly' Spin-Offs and Other New Series
Nickelodeon has given "iCarly" spin-offs the green light before the original show signs off later this year. The network has picked up the pilot of "Sam & Cat" which stars Jennette McCurdy of "iCarly" and Ariana Grande of "Victorious" as well as the pilot of "Gibby" which stars Noah Munck of "iCarly".
McCurdy and Grande will reprise the characters from their respective show, Sam Puckett and Cat Valentine, who become unlikely roommates. The best friends love their freedom and independence, but quickly realize that fun and adventure do not come cheap. They then start a baby-sitting business together.
Similarly, Munck will also reprise Gibby Gibson who takes a job at The Bixby, a rec center and becomes a mentor to a ragtag group of middle-school kids who hang out there. Munck is also the lead star in Nick's original TV movie "Nicky Deuce". He plays Nicholas Borelli II, a nerdy, over-protected teen who transforms into the title character.
Nickelodeon has also picked up a series called "Wendell and Vinnie" starring Jerry Trainor of "iCarly", a "Monsters vs. Aliens" animated series, a clip-and-interview show called "You Gotta See This" and a pilot called "Instant Mom".
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans