Nickelodeon Picks Up 'iCarly' Spin-Offs and Other New Series
Nickelodeon has given "iCarly" spin-offs the green light before the original show signs off later this year. The network has picked up the pilot of "Sam & Cat" which stars Jennette McCurdy of "iCarly" and Ariana Grande of "Victorious" as well as the pilot of "Gibby" which stars Noah Munck of "iCarly".
McCurdy and Grande will reprise the characters from their respective show, Sam Puckett and Cat Valentine, who become unlikely roommates. The best friends love their freedom and independence, but quickly realize that fun and adventure do not come cheap. They then start a baby-sitting business together.
Similarly, Munck will also reprise Gibby Gibson who takes a job at The Bixby, a rec center and becomes a mentor to a ragtag group of middle-school kids who hang out there. Munck is also the lead star in Nick's original TV movie "Nicky Deuce". He plays Nicholas Borelli II, a nerdy, over-protected teen who transforms into the title character.
Nickelodeon has also picked up a series called "Wendell and Vinnie" starring Jerry Trainor of "iCarly", a "Monsters vs. Aliens" animated series, a clip-and-interview show called "You Gotta See This" and a pilot called "Instant Mom".
- Katy Perry Calls on Taylor Swift to End Longtime Feud: 'It's Time for Her to Finish It'
- 'In Hysterics,' Ariana Grande Suspends World Tour After Terrorist Bombing at Manchester Gig
- Blake Lively Nearly Spills Out of Her Stunning Neon Gown at the Ballet
- Ariana Grande Is 'Broken' After Deadly Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Major Lazer Previews Travis Scott, Quavo and Camila Cabello Collaboration During Alabama Show
- Kourtney Kardashian Never Gets Serious With Younes Bendjima as He's Just Her Fling
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?