Nickelodeon Picks Up 'iCarly' Spin-Offs and Other New Series
Nickelodeon has given "iCarly" spin-offs the green light before the original show signs off later this year. The network has picked up the pilot of "Sam & Cat" which stars Jennette McCurdy of "iCarly" and Ariana Grande of "Victorious" as well as the pilot of "Gibby" which stars Noah Munck of "iCarly".
McCurdy and Grande will reprise the characters from their respective show, Sam Puckett and Cat Valentine, who become unlikely roommates. The best friends love their freedom and independence, but quickly realize that fun and adventure do not come cheap. They then start a baby-sitting business together.
Similarly, Munck will also reprise Gibby Gibson who takes a job at The Bixby, a rec center and becomes a mentor to a ragtag group of middle-school kids who hang out there. Munck is also the lead star in Nick's original TV movie "Nicky Deuce". He plays Nicholas Borelli II, a nerdy, over-protected teen who transforms into the title character.
Nickelodeon has also picked up a series called "Wendell and Vinnie" starring Jerry Trainor of "iCarly", a "Monsters vs. Aliens" animated series, a clip-and-interview show called "You Gotta See This" and a pilot called "Instant Mom".
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama