First Look: Hugh Jackman Sports Scruffy Look on the 'Yukon' Set of 'The Wolverine'
Hugh Jackman is no stranger to drastic physical transformation to support his movie role. After previously getting a scruffy makeover for his role as Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables", the Australian hunk has recently been photographed sporting grizzly look on the set of his upcoming film "The Wolverine".
It was Comic Book Movie which obtained a number of photos featuring Jackman in a messy facial makeup while on the set of the Marvel film in his Australia hometown. The "Real Steel" actor was pictured sporting long unkempt hair completed with a sruffy beard in his portrayal of Logan in the upcoming mutant superhero flick.
According to the site, Jackman seemed to be filming a scene on the Yukon set of "Wolverine". The scene was shot in Picton, Australia which has been transformed into the small Canadian Rockies town. Sources said that Jackman's titular character was headed into the town to buy camping gear. On the set, there was a bar called "Ed's Bar", which had a mural of a moose, that will be featured in the film.
CBM pointed out that the bar emulated the beginning of Frank Miller's "Japanese Saga" in "Wolverine #1." In it, Logan a.k.a Wolverine pursued a man-eating grizzly bear in the Canadian Rockies. During the fight, Logan noticed that the bear had an arrow lodged in its back. Furthermore, he revealed that the tip of the arrow had traces of poison and was the cause of the bear's erratic behavior.
Accordingly, Logan aimed to find out who was responsible for the arrow by following his scent at the bear's cave. The search led him to a local pub called "Josie's Bar 'N' Grill," where Wolverine identified the hunter and a one-sided fight incurred.
Currently filming in Australia, "The Wolverine" will take its cue from the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, which is set in Japan. It follows the mutant hero as he deals with ninjas and struggles whether to follow his animal killer instincts or live under a samurai's code of honor and respect.
Directed by James Mangold, the Marvel movie is scheduled for a July 26, 2013 U.S. release.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit