Lil Wayne to Take a Break From Rapping to Focus on Skateboarding
Is Lil Wayne planning to take a rap hiatus in the near future? The "Lollipop" rapper himself has declared that he's about to take a break from his recording career after having nine successful studio albums. The Young Money artist opened up that he would like to explore his newfound passion for skateboarding.
"I picked up the skateboard and I thought it'd be a hobby and what happened is it's a lifestyle," so the New Orleans native said during a recent interview with Atlanta radio station Hot 107.9. "In order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle. With these young kids now, you have to be about that life. It's kind of putting rap on the back burner. Rap's taken a backseat to skating."
Explaining why he made such a surprising decision amid his rocketing career, the 29-year-old MC said, "I kinda feel like I deserve that. I feel like the fans deserve a lil' no Wayne." He added, "I've been everywhere. I've been out on everybody's song, I'm still on everybody's song, my artists are doing awesome. I believe the fans deserve some peace from me. I be on my skateboard in the meantime."
Lil Wayne is set to drop a new mixtape, "Dedication 4", on August 15. Talking about the difference for him between recording an album and a mixtape, the rapper dished, "When I'm mentally doing the album and doing those songs, I make sure I stay on subject [and] that I'm saying things in the song [so] that you can be singing the song and repeat those things and they still make a lot of sense to actually say."
"I make sure I do all those things when it comes to making an album," he continued. "When I'm making a mixtape, there's not half of that thought. I just say what comes to my mind, I make it make sense, and that's how it goes... 'Mixtape Weezy' means freelancing my thoughts everywhere and just putting them together like a puzzle."
More Lil Wayne News
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes