First Look at Arnold Schwarzenegger as Border Town Sheriff in 'The Last Stand'
How Arnold Schwarzenegger will look like in "The Last Stand" has been unveiled in a form of a first look image. Courtesy of USA Today, the close-up photo shows the former Governator channeling his inner small-town sheriff in a brown collared shirt and a leather jacket complete with aviator glasses.
"The Last Stand" marks Arnie's first big screen leading role since 2003's "Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines". In the upcoming actioner, he plays a border town sheriff Ray Owens who resigns from Los Angeles Police Department to fight small crime in a sleepy town. One day, Ray must deal with a notorious drug cartel who escapes custody and speeds to the Mexican border.
Explaining his character via e-mail to USA Today, Arnold said that Ray "hasn't had to flex his muscles in a while." He added, "So when the gangsters come to town, it's a big test."
The action veteran went on gushing about his excitement to get back in action after taking a long break from the industry due to his political duty. "I guess I could have started slow and eased into it," the 65-year-old thesp said. "But it felt amazing to be back jumping off buildings, seeing huge explosions, getting in car chases and throwing punches."
Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura was also excited to have Arnie back in action. Nonetheless, he opened up that the aging Arnie sometimes had difficulties in doing the action scenes, "When he leaps and tackles someone, it's not simple to get back up. You see a new side of him. He doesn't feel indestructible."
"You're rooting for him more because he's more like us," Lorenzo continued. "And he gets up and keeps on going. When he needs to be Arnold, he's Arnold. He's having a ball. He loves being back and making movies."
"The Last Stand" has been scheduled to open in the U.S. on January 18, 2013. The film is directed by Kim Ji-woon and is also supported by Jaimie Alexander, Zach Gilford, Rodrigo Santoro, Forest Whitaker and Johnny Knoxville.
Before appearing in the movie, Arnold will be seen taking a supporting role in "The Expendables 2", which is set to be dropped Stateside on August 17. His other upcoming film is "The Tomb (2014)", which will once again reunite him with Sylvester Stallone.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri