Report: Jimmy Fallon Eyed to Host Academy Awards 2013
Could Jimmy Fallon host the Oscars 2013 telecast? According to Los Angeles Times, the former "Saturday Night Live" star is in talks to serve as the emcee for next year's Academy Awards show in February. It is also said that "SNL" veteran Lorne Michaels is courted to serve as the producer.
Though so, insiders note that ABC, which airs the annual prize-giving event, has objections to have Fallon as the host for its Oscar broadcast. The problem is because the comedian works for rival NBC on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". Still, the Alphabet has no authority to veto the choice of the Oscars host.
LA Times also reports that Disney chief executive Bob Iger is not happy with the idea to hire Fallon, whose talk show is a rival of ABC's late-night show featuring Jimmy Kimmel. Representatives for Fallon have yet to clarify the report, while spokeswoman for the AMPAS insists that there are no talks with both Fallon or Michaels.
Fallon himself has showed his hosting skill at the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards in 2010, for which he received positive reviews. On the other hand, Kimmel will serve as this year's Emmy Awards host. That somehow minimize his chance to serve as the emcee for next year's Oscars.
Selecting an Oscar telecast host is the duty of the Academy president. Hawk Koch, who has just been elected as the new leader of the organization, recently said that his first goal as a president was to find the right producer and host for next year's Oscars and that "comedy was a priority."
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion