Brad Pitt Is Quirky Hitman in First 'Killing Them Softly' Trailer
The Weinstein Company has premiered the first trailer for Brad Pitt-starring "Killing Them Softly". Staying true to its title, the sneak peek highlights various violent scenes involving a group of mobsters and an eccentric enforcer named Jackie Cogan, who is played by Pitt himself.
Cogan is known as the man behind the hitman in New Orleans. As a professional enforcer, he is hired by a crime boss to investigate a heist that takes place during a high-stakes poker game under protection of the mob.
"Killing Them Softly" is adapted from George V. Higgins' novel "Cogan's Trade". Despite presenting a relatively-light plot, the movie received positive early reviews when it was screened during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival in May.
Directed and written by Andrew Dominik, the crime film is also supported by Richard Jenkins as Driver, James Gandolfini as Mickey, Ray Liotta as Markie Trattman, Scoot McNairy as Frankie, Ben Mendelsohn as Russell, and Sam Shepard as Dillon.
TWC will release the film in the United States on October 19.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly