Brad Pitt Is Quirky Hitman in First 'Killing Them Softly' Trailer
The Weinstein Company has premiered the first trailer for Brad Pitt-starring "Killing Them Softly". Staying true to its title, the sneak peek highlights various violent scenes involving a group of mobsters and an eccentric enforcer named Jackie Cogan, who is played by Pitt himself.
Cogan is known as the man behind the hitman in New Orleans. As a professional enforcer, he is hired by a crime boss to investigate a heist that takes place during a high-stakes poker game under protection of the mob.
"Killing Them Softly" is adapted from George V. Higgins' novel "Cogan's Trade". Despite presenting a relatively-light plot, the movie received positive early reviews when it was screened during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival in May.
Directed and written by Andrew Dominik, the crime film is also supported by Richard Jenkins as Driver, James Gandolfini as Mickey, Ray Liotta as Markie Trattman, Scoot McNairy as Frankie, Ben Mendelsohn as Russell, and Sam Shepard as Dillon.
TWC will release the film in the United States on October 19.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order