Brad Pitt Is Quirky Hitman in First 'Killing Them Softly' Trailer
The Weinstein Company has premiered the first trailer for Brad Pitt-starring "Killing Them Softly". Staying true to its title, the sneak peek highlights various violent scenes involving a group of mobsters and an eccentric enforcer named Jackie Cogan, who is played by Pitt himself.
Cogan is known as the man behind the hitman in New Orleans. As a professional enforcer, he is hired by a crime boss to investigate a heist that takes place during a high-stakes poker game under protection of the mob.
"Killing Them Softly" is adapted from George V. Higgins' novel "Cogan's Trade". Despite presenting a relatively-light plot, the movie received positive early reviews when it was screened during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival in May.
Directed and written by Andrew Dominik, the crime film is also supported by Richard Jenkins as Driver, James Gandolfini as Mickey, Ray Liotta as Markie Trattman, Scoot McNairy as Frankie, Ben Mendelsohn as Russell, and Sam Shepard as Dillon.
TWC will release the film in the United States on October 19.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'