Brad Pitt Is Quirky Hitman in First 'Killing Them Softly' Trailer
The Weinstein Company has premiered the first trailer for Brad Pitt-starring "Killing Them Softly". Staying true to its title, the sneak peek highlights various violent scenes involving a group of mobsters and an eccentric enforcer named Jackie Cogan, who is played by Pitt himself.
Cogan is known as the man behind the hitman in New Orleans. As a professional enforcer, he is hired by a crime boss to investigate a heist that takes place during a high-stakes poker game under protection of the mob.
"Killing Them Softly" is adapted from George V. Higgins' novel "Cogan's Trade". Despite presenting a relatively-light plot, the movie received positive early reviews when it was screened during the 2012 Cannes Film Festival in May.
Directed and written by Andrew Dominik, the crime film is also supported by Richard Jenkins as Driver, James Gandolfini as Mickey, Ray Liotta as Markie Trattman, Scoot McNairy as Frankie, Ben Mendelsohn as Russell, and Sam Shepard as Dillon.
TWC will release the film in the United States on October 19.
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour