Joe Manganiello Returns to 'How I Met Your Mother', Jason Segel Clarifies Exit Rumor
Having been busy fighting vampires and chasing Sookie on "True Blood", Joe Manganiello will spare his time to visit "How I Met Your Mother". The werewolf Alcide depicter on the HBO popular series will return to the CBS sitcom for a multi-episode arc.
"CASTING NEWS! @joemanganiello is coming back as Brad in the 7th and 8th episode this year," so the Eye confirmed the news first reported by TVLine, before teasing, "Yes, he will have his shirt off." Brad is Marshall's law school buddy and he was last seen having an awkward hockey-themed date with Robin in season 5.
In other news, Jason Segel has cleared up rumor suggesting he would leave the show after the upcoming season 8. "Perhaps something got lost in translation, but season nine hasn't even been addressed yet," a representative for the actor said.
Segel's exit rumor first sparked as the actor reportedly told Austrian website kurier.at, "It's great to do some 'rated R' stuff again, because I've been playing the nice guy for quite a long time now. That's why I'm gonna quit How I Met Your Mother after the eighth season."
A so-called insider fueled the report, saying it was very likely that Segel quit the show to pursue his movie career. "Jason and Alyson [Hannigan] are the two least likely to want to do a season 9. It would take a lot of money to keep them. A lot," the source gushed.
"HIMYM" season 8 will premiere Monday, September 24 at 8 P.M. on CBS. Joe Manganiello is not the only familiar face who will return this season since Ashley Williams and Michael Trucco have been earlier tapped as Ted's love interest Victoria, and the man who catches Robin's eyes respectively.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny