Norah Jones Channels Her Inner Killer in 'Miriam' Music Video
Norah Jones takes revenge on the girl who steals her lover in a music video for her song "Miriam". The video is shot at a silent Texas' Lake Bastrop where Jones is featured sitting alone on a canoe with one of its oars smeared with blood. She can be seen singing about how she hates the girl called Miriam who seduces her lover and the singer intends to teach the seductress a lesson.
"Now I'm not the jealous type/Never been the killing kind/But you know I know what you did/So don't put up a fight," so Jones sings in one part. At the end of the clip, she croons, "You know you done me wrong/I'm gonna smile when/I take your life," while the camera goes under the water and shows a dying girl tied to the bottom of the lake with a chain.
The Phil Andelman-directed creepy music video is premiered by SPIN. The song "Miriam" itself is lifted off Jones' well-reviewed latest album "Little Broken Hearts", which has been dubbed by several critics a potential Grammy contender for Album of the Year.
Jones once shared about why she decided to collaborate with Joseph "Danger Mouse" Burton to stay away from her soft-jazz roots and tried out new electronic sounds and funky grooves for her dark-themed album. She told Complex, "Part of why I was excited to work with him was a few songs with a different groove."
"On my last record I was trying to experiment with stuff like that too. I love those kinds of sounds and I just didn't necessarily always know how to get them or have the right vibe of the band," she explained. "After a certain feel, you either have it or you don't."
Norah Jones' "Miriam" music video
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship