NBC Shows Bare Breast During Live Broadcast of Olympic Water Polo Game
When it tried to please viewers by airing London Olympics live, NBC accidentally broadcast a nipple slip during a water polo game between the U.S. and Spain on Wednesday, August 1. An underwater camera caught the struggle between two players in which U.S. athlete Kami Craig grabbed her opponent's suit and exposed the other player's bare breast.
"A lot of suit-grabbing going on under water," a sports announcer covering the game commented as the footage played on screen. Viewers soon took to Twitter to comment on what they saw. "There was just a nipple slip on womens water polo. Do Better NBC," one of the tweets read.
NBC has not released a statement regarding the nipple slip. Previously, the network issued an apology for spoiling Missy Franklin's win on the women's 100-meter backstroke via a "Today" promo. "Clearly that promo should not have aired at that time," a representative for NBC Sports stated.
The rep added, "We have a process in place and this will not happen again. We apologize to viewers who were watching and didn't know the result of the race."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show