NBC Shows Bare Breast During Live Broadcast of Olympic Water Polo Game
When it tried to please viewers by airing London Olympics live, NBC accidentally broadcast a nipple slip during a water polo game between the U.S. and Spain on Wednesday, August 1. An underwater camera caught the struggle between two players in which U.S. athlete Kami Craig grabbed her opponent's suit and exposed the other player's bare breast.
"A lot of suit-grabbing going on under water," a sports announcer covering the game commented as the footage played on screen. Viewers soon took to Twitter to comment on what they saw. "There was just a nipple slip on womens water polo. Do Better NBC," one of the tweets read.
NBC has not released a statement regarding the nipple slip. Previously, the network issued an apology for spoiling Missy Franklin's win on the women's 100-meter backstroke via a "Today" promo. "Clearly that promo should not have aired at that time," a representative for NBC Sports stated.
The rep added, "We have a process in place and this will not happen again. We apologize to viewers who were watching and didn't know the result of the race."
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song