NBC Shows Bare Breast During Live Broadcast of Olympic Water Polo Game
When it tried to please viewers by airing London Olympics live, NBC accidentally broadcast a nipple slip during a water polo game between the U.S. and Spain on Wednesday, August 1. An underwater camera caught the struggle between two players in which U.S. athlete Kami Craig grabbed her opponent's suit and exposed the other player's bare breast.
"A lot of suit-grabbing going on under water," a sports announcer covering the game commented as the footage played on screen. Viewers soon took to Twitter to comment on what they saw. "There was just a nipple slip on womens water polo. Do Better NBC," one of the tweets read.
NBC has not released a statement regarding the nipple slip. Previously, the network issued an apology for spoiling Missy Franklin's win on the women's 100-meter backstroke via a "Today" promo. "Clearly that promo should not have aired at that time," a representative for NBC Sports stated.
The rep added, "We have a process in place and this will not happen again. We apologize to viewers who were watching and didn't know the result of the race."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival