NBC Shows Bare Breast During Live Broadcast of Olympic Water Polo Game
When it tried to please viewers by airing London Olympics live, NBC accidentally broadcast a nipple slip during a water polo game between the U.S. and Spain on Wednesday, August 1. An underwater camera caught the struggle between two players in which U.S. athlete Kami Craig grabbed her opponent's suit and exposed the other player's bare breast.
"A lot of suit-grabbing going on under water," a sports announcer covering the game commented as the footage played on screen. Viewers soon took to Twitter to comment on what they saw. "There was just a nipple slip on womens water polo. Do Better NBC," one of the tweets read.
NBC has not released a statement regarding the nipple slip. Previously, the network issued an apology for spoiling Missy Franklin's win on the women's 100-meter backstroke via a "Today" promo. "Clearly that promo should not have aired at that time," a representative for NBC Sports stated.
The rep added, "We have a process in place and this will not happen again. We apologize to viewers who were watching and didn't know the result of the race."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked