'X-Factor (US)' Winner Melanie Amaro Debuts Groovy First Single 'Don't Fail Me Now'
Melanie Amaro, the inaugural winner of "The X Factor (US)", has finally premiered her very first single "Don't Fail Me Now" nearly eight months after she was hailed the champ of the talent show. Produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, the groovy single will be included in Amaro's debut album slated for this fall release.
The song features a mix of thumping club beat and techno flourishes, while the 20-year-old singer shows her powerful vocal chops in romantic lyrics. "I've paid my dues, I've paid the price/ I've prayed for you almost every night," she sings, "I've walked the longest road/ So don't fail me now, feet don't fail me now."
Amaro signed a $5 million record deal with Epic Records' head L.A. Reid after winning the first season of the U.S. version of "The X Factor". Reid once said that the Fort Lauderdale-born singer deserved the champion title of the singing contest as gushing, "She is a proven champion who is destined for success."
Agreeing with Reid, Amaro's mentor Simon Cowell believed that the brunette singer would be a successful pop star. "She's someone who can sell records all over the world, and I think she's got longevity," said Cowell. "She's got the star ability, and she's tough."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding