'X-Factor (US)' Winner Melanie Amaro Debuts Groovy First Single 'Don't Fail Me Now'
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 703
Melanie Amaro, the inaugural winner of "The X Factor (US)", has finally premiered her very first single "Don't Fail Me Now" nearly eight months after she was hailed the champ of the talent show. Produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, the groovy single will be included in Amaro's debut album slated for this fall release.
The song features a mix of thumping club beat and techno flourishes, while the 20-year-old singer shows her powerful vocal chops in romantic lyrics. "I've paid my dues, I've paid the price/ I've prayed for you almost every night," she sings, "I've walked the longest road/ So don't fail me now, feet don't fail me now."
Amaro signed a $5 million record deal with Epic Records' head L.A. Reid after winning the first season of the U.S. version of "The X Factor". Reid once said that the Fort Lauderdale-born singer deserved the champion title of the singing contest as gushing, "She is a proven champion who is destined for success."
Agreeing with Reid, Amaro's mentor Simon Cowell believed that the brunette singer would be a successful pop star. "She's someone who can sell records all over the world, and I think she's got longevity," said Cowell. "She's got the star ability, and she's tough."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen