'X-Factor (US)' Winner Melanie Amaro Debuts Groovy First Single 'Don't Fail Me Now'
Melanie Amaro, the inaugural winner of "The X Factor (US)", has finally premiered her very first single "Don't Fail Me Now" nearly eight months after she was hailed the champ of the talent show. Produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, the groovy single will be included in Amaro's debut album slated for this fall release.
The song features a mix of thumping club beat and techno flourishes, while the 20-year-old singer shows her powerful vocal chops in romantic lyrics. "I've paid my dues, I've paid the price/ I've prayed for you almost every night," she sings, "I've walked the longest road/ So don't fail me now, feet don't fail me now."
Amaro signed a $5 million record deal with Epic Records' head L.A. Reid after winning the first season of the U.S. version of "The X Factor". Reid once said that the Fort Lauderdale-born singer deserved the champion title of the singing contest as gushing, "She is a proven champion who is destined for success."
Agreeing with Reid, Amaro's mentor Simon Cowell believed that the brunette singer would be a successful pop star. "She's someone who can sell records all over the world, and I think she's got longevity," said Cowell. "She's got the star ability, and she's tough."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'