Female Bartender Drops Charges Against Cuba Gooding Jr.
Hours after Cuba Gooding Jr.'s representative met with police to clear up a "misunderstanding" following an altercation in a New Orleans bar, the female bartender who initially accused the actor of shoving her has dropped all charges against him. This was announced by her employer at Old Absinthe House.
"It is our understanding the employee involved in the alleged altercation has chosen to drop all charges against Mr. Cuba Gooding Jr.," said a spokeswoman Carolyn Pierce. "While we continue to investigate this matter internally, we are hopeful that this will put an end to the matter and allow everyone to get back to enjoying all that our great city has to offer!"
The withdrawal announcement was confirmed by a city representative Ryan Berni. "The witness indeed has indicated that she is likely to drop the charges," the publicist said in a statement. "If she does, and after prosecutors review the evidence, a determination will be made as to whether to dismiss the charges."
The ruckus that involved Cuba reportedly started when some bar patrons who recognized him wanted to take pictures with him. He allegedly ranted at them and manhandled the bartender when she tried to calm him down before asking him to leave. He was staying in town to film his new movie "The Butler".
An arrest warrant was issued back then but was lifted after Cuba's rep met with the authorities. According to AP, his arraignment is set for Friday, August 3.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years