Female Bartender Drops Charges Against Cuba Gooding Jr.
Hours after Cuba Gooding Jr.'s representative met with police to clear up a "misunderstanding" following an altercation in a New Orleans bar, the female bartender who initially accused the actor of shoving her has dropped all charges against him. This was announced by her employer at Old Absinthe House.
"It is our understanding the employee involved in the alleged altercation has chosen to drop all charges against Mr. Cuba Gooding Jr.," said a spokeswoman Carolyn Pierce. "While we continue to investigate this matter internally, we are hopeful that this will put an end to the matter and allow everyone to get back to enjoying all that our great city has to offer!"
The withdrawal announcement was confirmed by a city representative Ryan Berni. "The witness indeed has indicated that she is likely to drop the charges," the publicist said in a statement. "If she does, and after prosecutors review the evidence, a determination will be made as to whether to dismiss the charges."
The ruckus that involved Cuba reportedly started when some bar patrons who recognized him wanted to take pictures with him. He allegedly ranted at them and manhandled the bartender when she tried to calm him down before asking him to leave. He was staying in town to film his new movie "The Butler".
An arrest warrant was issued back then but was lifted after Cuba's rep met with the authorities. According to AP, his arraignment is set for Friday, August 3.
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab