Female Bartender Drops Charges Against Cuba Gooding Jr.
Hours after Cuba Gooding Jr.'s representative met with police to clear up a "misunderstanding" following an altercation in a New Orleans bar, the female bartender who initially accused the actor of shoving her has dropped all charges against him. This was announced by her employer at Old Absinthe House.
"It is our understanding the employee involved in the alleged altercation has chosen to drop all charges against Mr. Cuba Gooding Jr.," said a spokeswoman Carolyn Pierce. "While we continue to investigate this matter internally, we are hopeful that this will put an end to the matter and allow everyone to get back to enjoying all that our great city has to offer!"
The withdrawal announcement was confirmed by a city representative Ryan Berni. "The witness indeed has indicated that she is likely to drop the charges," the publicist said in a statement. "If she does, and after prosecutors review the evidence, a determination will be made as to whether to dismiss the charges."
The ruckus that involved Cuba reportedly started when some bar patrons who recognized him wanted to take pictures with him. He allegedly ranted at them and manhandled the bartender when she tried to calm him down before asking him to leave. He was staying in town to film his new movie "The Butler".
An arrest warrant was issued back then but was lifted after Cuba's rep met with the authorities. According to AP, his arraignment is set for Friday, August 3.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny