CBS and Vince Vaughn Developing 'The Brady Bunch' Reboot
Almost three decades after it ended its run, "The Brady Bunch" will get a reboot treatment. It has been confirmed that CBS has given a script commitment to the new comedy project, which has Vince Vaughn serving as the executive producer.
While the original show focused on the blended family of Mike Brady and Carol Ann Martin, the upcoming multicamera comedy project will center on Mike's youngest song Bobby who has now grown up and recently divorced.
He has children of his own and is remarried to a woman with her own kids. The new pair also have a child together. Unlike the 1970s show which rarely mentioned Mike's and Carol's former spouses, the main couple's exes are still part of their lives in the reboot version.
Mike Mariano ("Raising Hope") pens the "Brady Bunch" reboot in addition to executive producing alongside Lloyd Schwartz, Victoria Vaughn and Peter Billingsley. Should CBS decide to move forward with the project, it will feature the signature theme music with its own tweak.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics