First Look at Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in Liberace Biopic
Michael Douglas and Matt Damon have begun working on "Behind the Candelabra" and the first look at them in characters has popped out. The two were spotted donning 1970s hairdos and butterly-collared outfits when filming the Liberace biopic in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles on Monday, July 30.
In the upcoming HBO movie, Douglas takes the titular role while Damon plays Scott Thorson, who is the flamboyant pianist's younger live-in lover. The story will depict the tempestuous relationship between Liberace and Thorson, who later filed a palimony suit against him.
Steven Soderbergh serves as the director with Richard LaGravanese penning the script. Executive producer Jerry Weintraub once said "Behind the Candelabra" would explore Liberace's "dark side and his light side." He added that the legendary performer's sexuality "is not a delicate subject, but it was a taboo subject when he was a young man, not like today."
HBO has not set a premiere date for the biopic.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video