First Look at Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in Liberace Biopic
Michael Douglas and Matt Damon have begun working on "Behind the Candelabra" and the first look at them in characters has popped out. The two were spotted donning 1970s hairdos and butterly-collared outfits when filming the Liberace biopic in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles on Monday, July 30.
In the upcoming HBO movie, Douglas takes the titular role while Damon plays Scott Thorson, who is the flamboyant pianist's younger live-in lover. The story will depict the tempestuous relationship between Liberace and Thorson, who later filed a palimony suit against him.
Steven Soderbergh serves as the director with Richard LaGravanese penning the script. Executive producer Jerry Weintraub once said "Behind the Candelabra" would explore Liberace's "dark side and his light side." He added that the legendary performer's sexuality "is not a delicate subject, but it was a taboo subject when he was a young man, not like today."
HBO has not set a premiere date for the biopic.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal