First Look at Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in Liberace Biopic
Michael Douglas and Matt Damon have begun working on "Behind the Candelabra" and the first look at them in characters has popped out. The two were spotted donning 1970s hairdos and butterly-collared outfits when filming the Liberace biopic in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles on Monday, July 30.
In the upcoming HBO movie, Douglas takes the titular role while Damon plays Scott Thorson, who is the flamboyant pianist's younger live-in lover. The story will depict the tempestuous relationship between Liberace and Thorson, who later filed a palimony suit against him.
Steven Soderbergh serves as the director with Richard LaGravanese penning the script. Executive producer Jerry Weintraub once said "Behind the Candelabra" would explore Liberace's "dark side and his light side." He added that the legendary performer's sexuality "is not a delicate subject, but it was a taboo subject when he was a young man, not like today."
HBO has not set a premiere date for the biopic.
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3