First Look at Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in Liberace Biopic
Michael Douglas and Matt Damon have begun working on "Behind the Candelabra" and the first look at them in characters has popped out. The two were spotted donning 1970s hairdos and butterly-collared outfits when filming the Liberace biopic in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles on Monday, July 30.
In the upcoming HBO movie, Douglas takes the titular role while Damon plays Scott Thorson, who is the flamboyant pianist's younger live-in lover. The story will depict the tempestuous relationship between Liberace and Thorson, who later filed a palimony suit against him.
Steven Soderbergh serves as the director with Richard LaGravanese penning the script. Executive producer Jerry Weintraub once said "Behind the Candelabra" would explore Liberace's "dark side and his light side." He added that the legendary performer's sexuality "is not a delicate subject, but it was a taboo subject when he was a young man, not like today."
HBO has not set a premiere date for the biopic.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding