First Look at Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in Liberace Biopic
Michael Douglas and Matt Damon have begun working on "Behind the Candelabra" and the first look at them in characters has popped out. The two were spotted donning 1970s hairdos and butterly-collared outfits when filming the Liberace biopic in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles on Monday, July 30.
In the upcoming HBO movie, Douglas takes the titular role while Damon plays Scott Thorson, who is the flamboyant pianist's younger live-in lover. The story will depict the tempestuous relationship between Liberace and Thorson, who later filed a palimony suit against him.
Steven Soderbergh serves as the director with Richard LaGravanese penning the script. Executive producer Jerry Weintraub once said "Behind the Candelabra" would explore Liberace's "dark side and his light side." He added that the legendary performer's sexuality "is not a delicate subject, but it was a taboo subject when he was a young man, not like today."
HBO has not set a premiere date for the biopic.
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle