Selena Gomez to Go Rock 'n' Roll in New Film 'Parental Guidance Suggested'
Selena Gomez has just scored her latest movie role. After wrapping "Spring Breakers" with Vanessa Hudgens, the former "Wizards of Waverly Place" star lands a part in a rock 'n' roll-themed film called "Parental Guidance Suggested".
Per The Hollywood Reporter, Gomez is set to topline the coming-of-age comedy which has Nat Wolff starring as her crush. The former Disney darling will also be joined by Austin Stowell, who will play her overbearing boyfriend.
"Parental Guidance Suggested" follows 16-year-old guy named Ric Thibault (Wolff). Along with his crush Nina Pennington (Gomez), he embarks on a rock 'n' roll-themed odyssey. The story is based on Ric Browde's 2000 novel "While I'm Dead...Feed the Dog".
Serving as the director and writer is Tim Garrick, while Mad Chance tackles the producing duty. Also lining up in the cast ensemble are Dylan McDermott and Cary Elwes. The upcoming movie is planned to be filmed in Los Angeles.
In addition to this comedy project, the girlfriend of Justin Bieber is set to star opposite Ethan Hawke in an actioner called "The Getaway". She will also make a cameo in Nicolas Lopez's thriller "Aftershock".
Her next film "Spring Breakers", meanwhile, is set to compete with a number of prestigious films at the 69th Annual Venice Film Festival to be held from August 26 to September 8.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?