Selena Gomez to Go Rock 'n' Roll in New Film 'Parental Guidance Suggested'
Selena Gomez has just scored her latest movie role. After wrapping "Spring Breakers" with Vanessa Hudgens, the former "Wizards of Waverly Place" star lands a part in a rock 'n' roll-themed film called "Parental Guidance Suggested".
Per The Hollywood Reporter, Gomez is set to topline the coming-of-age comedy which has Nat Wolff starring as her crush. The former Disney darling will also be joined by Austin Stowell, who will play her overbearing boyfriend.
"Parental Guidance Suggested" follows 16-year-old guy named Ric Thibault (Wolff). Along with his crush Nina Pennington (Gomez), he embarks on a rock 'n' roll-themed odyssey. The story is based on Ric Browde's 2000 novel "While I'm Dead...Feed the Dog".
Serving as the director and writer is Tim Garrick, while Mad Chance tackles the producing duty. Also lining up in the cast ensemble are Dylan McDermott and Cary Elwes. The upcoming movie is planned to be filmed in Los Angeles.
In addition to this comedy project, the girlfriend of Justin Bieber is set to star opposite Ethan Hawke in an actioner called "The Getaway". She will also make a cameo in Nicolas Lopez's thriller "Aftershock".
Her next film "Spring Breakers", meanwhile, is set to compete with a number of prestigious films at the 69th Annual Venice Film Festival to be held from August 26 to September 8.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered