Selena Gomez to Go Rock 'n' Roll in New Film 'Parental Guidance Suggested'
Selena Gomez has just scored her latest movie role. After wrapping "Spring Breakers" with Vanessa Hudgens, the former "Wizards of Waverly Place" star lands a part in a rock 'n' roll-themed film called "Parental Guidance Suggested".
Per The Hollywood Reporter, Gomez is set to topline the coming-of-age comedy which has Nat Wolff starring as her crush. The former Disney darling will also be joined by Austin Stowell, who will play her overbearing boyfriend.
"Parental Guidance Suggested" follows 16-year-old guy named Ric Thibault (Wolff). Along with his crush Nina Pennington (Gomez), he embarks on a rock 'n' roll-themed odyssey. The story is based on Ric Browde's 2000 novel "While I'm Dead...Feed the Dog".
Serving as the director and writer is Tim Garrick, while Mad Chance tackles the producing duty. Also lining up in the cast ensemble are Dylan McDermott and Cary Elwes. The upcoming movie is planned to be filmed in Los Angeles.
In addition to this comedy project, the girlfriend of Justin Bieber is set to star opposite Ethan Hawke in an actioner called "The Getaway". She will also make a cameo in Nicolas Lopez's thriller "Aftershock".
Her next film "Spring Breakers", meanwhile, is set to compete with a number of prestigious films at the 69th Annual Venice Film Festival to be held from August 26 to September 8.
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'