'Grey's Anatomy' Photos Tease McSteamy's Fate in Season 9
How Mark Sloan's story arc will end on "Grey's Anatomy" has been possibly spoiled. Patrick Dempsey recently uploaded on his Twitter page two pictures from the set which feature Eric Dane's alter ego lying on a hospital bed and seemingly unconscious. In one of the photos, McSteamy is seen having a tube down his throat, while the other image sees Sara Ramirez's Callie Torres sitting next to him.
"Back on greys all week working with Eric , sad to see him go," so Dempsey wrote on Monday, July 30. The Derek Shepherd depicter later removed the two set photos after tweeting, "I just was told to take photos down ? Abc is watching."
Earlier in July, Dane announced his departure from the medical drama series. "I am extremely grateful to everyone at Grey's, ABC and Shondaland for the experience and memories I have had over the course of this run," the actor stated at the time.
Creator Shonda Rhimes claimed they "did not come to this decision lightly, but after much consideration and conversations, he and I have decided that this is the right time for his storyline to end."
In the season 8 finale, Dane's Mark lost his soulmate Lexie (Chyler Leigh) who died in a plane crash. He suffered a cardiac arrest, but was saved by Cristina (Sandra Oh). He will return for two episodes in the upcoming season, which will premiere Thursday, September 27 at 9 P.M. on ABC.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke