'Grey's Anatomy' Photos Tease McSteamy's Fate in Season 9
How Mark Sloan's story arc will end on "Grey's Anatomy" has been possibly spoiled. Patrick Dempsey recently uploaded on his Twitter page two pictures from the set which feature Eric Dane's alter ego lying on a hospital bed and seemingly unconscious. In one of the photos, McSteamy is seen having a tube down his throat, while the other image sees Sara Ramirez's Callie Torres sitting next to him.
"Back on greys all week working with Eric , sad to see him go," so Dempsey wrote on Monday, July 30. The Derek Shepherd depicter later removed the two set photos after tweeting, "I just was told to take photos down ? Abc is watching."
Earlier in July, Dane announced his departure from the medical drama series. "I am extremely grateful to everyone at Grey's, ABC and Shondaland for the experience and memories I have had over the course of this run," the actor stated at the time.
Creator Shonda Rhimes claimed they "did not come to this decision lightly, but after much consideration and conversations, he and I have decided that this is the right time for his storyline to end."
In the season 8 finale, Dane's Mark lost his soulmate Lexie (Chyler Leigh) who died in a plane crash. He suffered a cardiac arrest, but was saved by Cristina (Sandra Oh). He will return for two episodes in the upcoming season, which will premiere Thursday, September 27 at 9 P.M. on ABC.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival