'Grey's Anatomy' Photos Tease McSteamy's Fate in Season 9
How Mark Sloan's story arc will end on "Grey's Anatomy" has been possibly spoiled. Patrick Dempsey recently uploaded on his Twitter page two pictures from the set which feature Eric Dane's alter ego lying on a hospital bed and seemingly unconscious. In one of the photos, McSteamy is seen having a tube down his throat, while the other image sees Sara Ramirez's Callie Torres sitting next to him.
"Back on greys all week working with Eric , sad to see him go," so Dempsey wrote on Monday, July 30. The Derek Shepherd depicter later removed the two set photos after tweeting, "I just was told to take photos down ? Abc is watching."
Earlier in July, Dane announced his departure from the medical drama series. "I am extremely grateful to everyone at Grey's, ABC and Shondaland for the experience and memories I have had over the course of this run," the actor stated at the time.
Creator Shonda Rhimes claimed they "did not come to this decision lightly, but after much consideration and conversations, he and I have decided that this is the right time for his storyline to end."
In the season 8 finale, Dane's Mark lost his soulmate Lexie (Chyler Leigh) who died in a plane crash. He suffered a cardiac arrest, but was saved by Cristina (Sandra Oh). He will return for two episodes in the upcoming season, which will premiere Thursday, September 27 at 9 P.M. on ABC.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction