Nicki Minaj Rocks Trinidad Carnival in 'Pound the Alarm' Music Video
Nicki Minaj brings the party to her Trinidad and Tobago hometown in the music video for her latest song "Pound the Alarm". Highlighting the carnival ambience in Port of Spain, the clip shows the Harajuku Barbie flocking to the streets with a host of sexy babes who are scantily clad in extravagant costumes and elaborate headdresses.
Sporting frizzy blond hair, Minaj parties up with the local people until the sun goes down and the fireworks explode in the sky. The shimmering vibe of the music video perfectly matches the bouncy tone of the eurodance track, in which the raptress invites people to join her in the party and "come fill up my glass a little more."
The festivities are intercut with scenes that display the country's picturesque landscape, including its beautiful coastlines and vegetation. The clip itself, meanwhile, is directed by Benny Boom, who previously helmed Minaj's videos for "Right By My Side" and "Beez in the Trap".
Lifted off Minaj's latest studio effort "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded", "Pound the Alarm" is confirmed as the fourth single from the album. The dance track debuted at number 16 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart and at number 39 on the U.S. Pop Chart.
Nicki Minaj's "Pound the Alarm" Music Video
More Nicki Minaj News
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'