Nicki Minaj Rocks Trinidad Carnival in 'Pound the Alarm' Music Video
Nicki Minaj brings the party to her Trinidad and Tobago hometown in the music video for her latest song "Pound the Alarm". Highlighting the carnival ambience in Port of Spain, the clip shows the Harajuku Barbie flocking to the streets with a host of sexy babes who are scantily clad in extravagant costumes and elaborate headdresses.
Sporting frizzy blond hair, Minaj parties up with the local people until the sun goes down and the fireworks explode in the sky. The shimmering vibe of the music video perfectly matches the bouncy tone of the eurodance track, in which the raptress invites people to join her in the party and "come fill up my glass a little more."
The festivities are intercut with scenes that display the country's picturesque landscape, including its beautiful coastlines and vegetation. The clip itself, meanwhile, is directed by Benny Boom, who previously helmed Minaj's videos for "Right By My Side" and "Beez in the Trap".
Lifted off Minaj's latest studio effort "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded", "Pound the Alarm" is confirmed as the fourth single from the album. The dance track debuted at number 16 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart and at number 39 on the U.S. Pop Chart.
Nicki Minaj's "Pound the Alarm" Music Video
More Nicki Minaj News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent