Nicki Minaj Rocks Trinidad Carnival in 'Pound the Alarm' Music Video
Nicki Minaj brings the party to her Trinidad and Tobago hometown in the music video for her latest song "Pound the Alarm". Highlighting the carnival ambience in Port of Spain, the clip shows the Harajuku Barbie flocking to the streets with a host of sexy babes who are scantily clad in extravagant costumes and elaborate headdresses.
Sporting frizzy blond hair, Minaj parties up with the local people until the sun goes down and the fireworks explode in the sky. The shimmering vibe of the music video perfectly matches the bouncy tone of the eurodance track, in which the raptress invites people to join her in the party and "come fill up my glass a little more."
The festivities are intercut with scenes that display the country's picturesque landscape, including its beautiful coastlines and vegetation. The clip itself, meanwhile, is directed by Benny Boom, who previously helmed Minaj's videos for "Right By My Side" and "Beez in the Trap".
Lifted off Minaj's latest studio effort "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded", "Pound the Alarm" is confirmed as the fourth single from the album. The dance track debuted at number 16 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart and at number 39 on the U.S. Pop Chart.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip