Nicki Minaj Rocks Trinidad Carnival in 'Pound the Alarm' Music Video
Nicki Minaj brings the party to her Trinidad and Tobago hometown in the music video for her latest song "Pound the Alarm". Highlighting the carnival ambience in Port of Spain, the clip shows the Harajuku Barbie flocking to the streets with a host of sexy babes who are scantily clad in extravagant costumes and elaborate headdresses.
Sporting frizzy blond hair, Minaj parties up with the local people until the sun goes down and the fireworks explode in the sky. The shimmering vibe of the music video perfectly matches the bouncy tone of the eurodance track, in which the raptress invites people to join her in the party and "come fill up my glass a little more."
The festivities are intercut with scenes that display the country's picturesque landscape, including its beautiful coastlines and vegetation. The clip itself, meanwhile, is directed by Benny Boom, who previously helmed Minaj's videos for "Right By My Side" and "Beez in the Trap".
Lifted off Minaj's latest studio effort "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded", "Pound the Alarm" is confirmed as the fourth single from the album. The dance track debuted at number 16 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart and at number 39 on the U.S. Pop Chart.
Nicki Minaj's "Pound the Alarm" Music Video
More Nicki Minaj News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign