'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Helmer to Direct New Version of He-Man Movie
While "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" is delayed to get a 3D conversion, its director Jon M. Chu is circling another movie project. The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Jon is in talks to shepherd a new adaptation of the 1980s Mattel toy land, "Masters of the Universe".
The story follows Prince Adam, a blond warrior who, when uttering the magic words "By the power of Grayskull - I have the power," turns into He-Man. Along with his allies, He-Man defends his planet Eternia from the evil forces of Skeletor, who wants to conquer Castle Grayskull, which gives He-Man his superpowers.
"Masters of the Universe" will be the second big screen adaptation on the hero tale. Back in 1987, Gary Goddard directed the film with Dolph Lundgren starring as He-Man. The movie, however, notably flopped on the box office. The story was also adapted into a cartoon series and a popular action figure.
As for Jon, the director is currently overseeing the 3D conversion of "G.I. Joe 2", which has been rescheduled to open Stateside on March 29, 2013. Additionally, he works on Justin Bieber's concert tour to promote the pop sensation's album "Believe".
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight