'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Helmer to Direct New Version of He-Man Movie
While "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" is delayed to get a 3D conversion, its director Jon M. Chu is circling another movie project. The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Jon is in talks to shepherd a new adaptation of the 1980s Mattel toy land, "Masters of the Universe".
The story follows Prince Adam, a blond warrior who, when uttering the magic words "By the power of Grayskull - I have the power," turns into He-Man. Along with his allies, He-Man defends his planet Eternia from the evil forces of Skeletor, who wants to conquer Castle Grayskull, which gives He-Man his superpowers.
"Masters of the Universe" will be the second big screen adaptation on the hero tale. Back in 1987, Gary Goddard directed the film with Dolph Lundgren starring as He-Man. The movie, however, notably flopped on the box office. The story was also adapted into a cartoon series and a popular action figure.
As for Jon, the director is currently overseeing the 3D conversion of "G.I. Joe 2", which has been rescheduled to open Stateside on March 29, 2013. Additionally, he works on Justin Bieber's concert tour to promote the pop sensation's album "Believe".
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday