'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Helmer to Direct New Version of He-Man Movie
While "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" is delayed to get a 3D conversion, its director Jon M. Chu is circling another movie project. The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Jon is in talks to shepherd a new adaptation of the 1980s Mattel toy land, "Masters of the Universe".
The story follows Prince Adam, a blond warrior who, when uttering the magic words "By the power of Grayskull - I have the power," turns into He-Man. Along with his allies, He-Man defends his planet Eternia from the evil forces of Skeletor, who wants to conquer Castle Grayskull, which gives He-Man his superpowers.
"Masters of the Universe" will be the second big screen adaptation on the hero tale. Back in 1987, Gary Goddard directed the film with Dolph Lundgren starring as He-Man. The movie, however, notably flopped on the box office. The story was also adapted into a cartoon series and a popular action figure.
As for Jon, the director is currently overseeing the 3D conversion of "G.I. Joe 2", which has been rescheduled to open Stateside on March 29, 2013. Additionally, he works on Justin Bieber's concert tour to promote the pop sensation's album "Believe".
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why