'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Helmer to Direct New Version of He-Man Movie
While "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" is delayed to get a 3D conversion, its director Jon M. Chu is circling another movie project. The Hollywood Reporter confirms that Jon is in talks to shepherd a new adaptation of the 1980s Mattel toy land, "Masters of the Universe".
The story follows Prince Adam, a blond warrior who, when uttering the magic words "By the power of Grayskull - I have the power," turns into He-Man. Along with his allies, He-Man defends his planet Eternia from the evil forces of Skeletor, who wants to conquer Castle Grayskull, which gives He-Man his superpowers.
"Masters of the Universe" will be the second big screen adaptation on the hero tale. Back in 1987, Gary Goddard directed the film with Dolph Lundgren starring as He-Man. The movie, however, notably flopped on the box office. The story was also adapted into a cartoon series and a popular action figure.
As for Jon, the director is currently overseeing the 3D conversion of "G.I. Joe 2", which has been rescheduled to open Stateside on March 29, 2013. Additionally, he works on Justin Bieber's concert tour to promote the pop sensation's album "Believe".
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs