'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' Gets TV Premiere Date
"Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" will finally make its debut on TV. The CW has announced that it will air the acclaimed online musical starring Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day on Tuesday, October 9 at 9 P.M. ET.
The three-part tragicomedy miniseries was produced by Joss Whedon, his brothers Zack and Jed, as well as Jed's wife Maurissa Tancharoen during the 2007-2008 Writers Guild of America strike. Following its original run from July 15 to July 20 in 2008, the show won several awards, including a 2009 Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Class - Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Programs.
The story centers on Harris' Billy, a.k.a. Dr. Horrible, a budding supervillain whose plans for world domination continually go awry. He now aims to get accepted into the Evil League of Evil, and collect the guts to speak to his laundromat crush Penny (Day). To reach his goals, he has to face off his superhero arch nemesis Captain Hammer (Fillion).
In addition to setting the TV debut for "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog", The CW has revealed that it would air three live episodes of its new show "The Next" on September 27 (Thursday), October 2 (Tuesday) and October 4 (Thursday).
To kick off on Thursday, August 16 at 9 P.M, the reality series features Gloria Estefan, John Rich, Nelly and Joe Jonas as they scout for up-and-coming local musicians to be put against each other in a performance at a well-known local venue. The winner in each town will go to the semifinals.
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months