Nick Jonas and Pharrell Williams Allegedly Frontrunners to Be 'American Idol' Judges
Nick Jonas and Pharrell Williams could join Mariah Carey in the upcoming twelfth season of "American Idol". Words on the street are, the two artists are the frontrunners to fill the two vacant seats on the judging panel, with an assumption that Randy Jackson is moved into a mentoring role.
"Nick is pretty close to signing to be the Idol judge," a so-called insider tells Us Weekly, which previously got the scoop about Carey's possible involvement. The source adds, "They flew him in to L.A. last week for final meetings," as the show's producers allegedly "think he can help bring that younger demo to the show."
While the Jonas Brothers member is reportedly close to seal the deal, Williams is still negotiating terms of his contract. "Everything is looking good, but they're still working out details," the insider says of the contract negotiations.
Prior to Jonas and Williams, Brad Paisley, Adam Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks and Clay Aiken were also rumored to join the show. FOX has not commented on the reports.
"American Idol" season 12 will kick off in early 2013. Carey was tapped as a new judge after Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez announced their departures earlier this July.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?