Nick Jonas and Pharrell Williams Allegedly Frontrunners to Be 'American Idol' Judges
Nick Jonas and Pharrell Williams could join Mariah Carey in the upcoming twelfth season of "American Idol". Words on the street are, the two artists are the frontrunners to fill the two vacant seats on the judging panel, with an assumption that Randy Jackson is moved into a mentoring role.
"Nick is pretty close to signing to be the Idol judge," a so-called insider tells Us Weekly, which previously got the scoop about Carey's possible involvement. The source adds, "They flew him in to L.A. last week for final meetings," as the show's producers allegedly "think he can help bring that younger demo to the show."
While the Jonas Brothers member is reportedly close to seal the deal, Williams is still negotiating terms of his contract. "Everything is looking good, but they're still working out details," the insider says of the contract negotiations.
Prior to Jonas and Williams, Brad Paisley, Adam Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks and Clay Aiken were also rumored to join the show. FOX has not commented on the reports.
"American Idol" season 12 will kick off in early 2013. Carey was tapped as a new judge after Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez announced their departures earlier this July.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech