Report: 'Ant-Man' to Start Filming After 'Thor 2' for a 2014 Release
Several new rumors surrounding Edgar Wright's "Ant-Man" film project have swirled wildly on the Internet. Coming out via Latino Review, the recent reports suggest that the long-gestating superhero project is getting closer to its start date and may be added to Marvel Studios' 2014 slate.
The site reveals further that "Ant-Man" has been planned to kick off filming in London right after the principal photography on "Thor: The Dark World" wraps. The second God of Thunder movie itself is scheduled to start shooting this August in England.
Should the rumor be true, "Ant-Man" is expected to begin the production in the late spring or early summer of 2013. That will make the long-awaited film Marvel's third major 2014 release in addition to "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" (April 4) and "Guardians of the Galaxy" (August 1).
"Ant-Man" has been in development for years, but it has just been greenlit a few months ago. During this year's San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel presented a test reel of the movie in order to see the audience's response. The studio hasn't shared any new update regarding the anticipated film since then.
The upcoming Marvel movie follows biochemist Dr. Hank Pym who uses his latest discovery, a group of subatomic particles, to create a size-altering formula. Though his first self-test goes awry, he develops an instrument that helps him communicate with and control insects.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!