'Dark Knight Rises' Theater Gunman James Holmes Gets 141 Charges
James Holmes who killed 12 moviegoers and injured 58 others during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" was formally charged on Monday, July 30. He received at least 141 charges when appearing in the Arapahoe County courtroom.
The 24-year-old former medical student was slapped with 24 murder charges and 116 counts of attempted murder. In addition, he was hit with one count of possession of explosives. Prosecutors are still determining whether to pursue death penalty or not.
A group of people wearing Batman t-shirts flocked to the courtroom to witness the arraignment. Wearing prison uniform, Holmes reportedly appeared expressionless throughout the proceedings, but he said, "yes," when a judge asked him if he understood his rights.
Holmes will next appear before court on August 9. His public defenders are expected to argue that he was not in his right mind when he fired into the occupied crowd watching the superhero movie inside the Century 16 Theater at the Aurora Town Center Mall.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert