'Dark Knight Rises' Theater Gunman James Holmes Gets 141 Charges
James Holmes who killed 12 moviegoers and injured 58 others during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" was formally charged on Monday, July 30. He received at least 141 charges when appearing in the Arapahoe County courtroom.
The 24-year-old former medical student was slapped with 24 murder charges and 116 counts of attempted murder. In addition, he was hit with one count of possession of explosives. Prosecutors are still determining whether to pursue death penalty or not.
A group of people wearing Batman t-shirts flocked to the courtroom to witness the arraignment. Wearing prison uniform, Holmes reportedly appeared expressionless throughout the proceedings, but he said, "yes," when a judge asked him if he understood his rights.
Holmes will next appear before court on August 9. His public defenders are expected to argue that he was not in his right mind when he fired into the occupied crowd watching the superhero movie inside the Century 16 Theater at the Aurora Town Center Mall.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child