'Wolverine' Set Video Teases a Japanese War Camp in Australia
As "The Wolverine" kicked off the filming in Australia, a video from the set of the movie has gone online thanks to 7News. The footage offers a look at the first day of shooting in Kurnell, which has been transformed into what seems to be a "Japanese prisoner or war camp." Plenty of extras are seen filming a scene that requires them to run shirtless.
During the first day of the filming on Monday, July 30, the titular mutant depicter, Hugh Jackman, shared his excitement to his fans on Twitter. He wrote, "we're on day 1 of shooting....wolverine is back...feel so pumped about this one......never felt so ready!!!! will keep y'all posted!!!"
Jackman, who is also an Australia native, followed it up by posting a picture that gave a look at his healthy meal that he ate on the set. Along with the photo, he tweeted, "and you know what that means.... the wolverine diet!! this was meal 2 at 9am this morning."
"The Wolverine" will take its cue from the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, which is set in Japan. It follows the mutant hero as he deals with ninjas and struggles whether to follow his animal killer instincts or live under a samurai's code of honor and respect.
Scheduled for a July 26, 2013 U.S. release, the Marvel movie is helmed by James Mangold with Mark Bomback and Christopher McQuarrie penning the script.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival