'Wolverine' Set Video Teases a Japanese War Camp in Australia
As "The Wolverine" kicked off the filming in Australia, a video from the set of the movie has gone online thanks to 7News. The footage offers a look at the first day of shooting in Kurnell, which has been transformed into what seems to be a "Japanese prisoner or war camp." Plenty of extras are seen filming a scene that requires them to run shirtless.
During the first day of the filming on Monday, July 30, the titular mutant depicter, Hugh Jackman, shared his excitement to his fans on Twitter. He wrote, "we're on day 1 of shooting....wolverine is back...feel so pumped about this one......never felt so ready!!!! will keep y'all posted!!!"
Jackman, who is also an Australia native, followed it up by posting a picture that gave a look at his healthy meal that he ate on the set. Along with the photo, he tweeted, "and you know what that means.... the wolverine diet!! this was meal 2 at 9am this morning."
"The Wolverine" will take its cue from the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, which is set in Japan. It follows the mutant hero as he deals with ninjas and struggles whether to follow his animal killer instincts or live under a samurai's code of honor and respect.
Scheduled for a July 26, 2013 U.S. release, the Marvel movie is helmed by James Mangold with Mark Bomback and Christopher McQuarrie penning the script.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny