'Wolverine' Set Video Teases a Japanese War Camp in Australia
As "The Wolverine" kicked off the filming in Australia, a video from the set of the movie has gone online thanks to 7News. The footage offers a look at the first day of shooting in Kurnell, which has been transformed into what seems to be a "Japanese prisoner or war camp." Plenty of extras are seen filming a scene that requires them to run shirtless.
During the first day of the filming on Monday, July 30, the titular mutant depicter, Hugh Jackman, shared his excitement to his fans on Twitter. He wrote, "we're on day 1 of shooting....wolverine is back...feel so pumped about this one......never felt so ready!!!! will keep y'all posted!!!"
Jackman, who is also an Australia native, followed it up by posting a picture that gave a look at his healthy meal that he ate on the set. Along with the photo, he tweeted, "and you know what that means.... the wolverine diet!! this was meal 2 at 9am this morning."
"The Wolverine" will take its cue from the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, which is set in Japan. It follows the mutant hero as he deals with ninjas and struggles whether to follow his animal killer instincts or live under a samurai's code of honor and respect.
Scheduled for a July 26, 2013 U.S. release, the Marvel movie is helmed by James Mangold with Mark Bomback and Christopher McQuarrie penning the script.
- Britney Spears Breaks Silence on Her Boyfriend Sam Asghari: 'He Is Really Cute'
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'