'Wolverine' Set Video Teases a Japanese War Camp in Australia
As "The Wolverine" kicked off the filming in Australia, a video from the set of the movie has gone online thanks to 7News. The footage offers a look at the first day of shooting in Kurnell, which has been transformed into what seems to be a "Japanese prisoner or war camp." Plenty of extras are seen filming a scene that requires them to run shirtless.
During the first day of the filming on Monday, July 30, the titular mutant depicter, Hugh Jackman, shared his excitement to his fans on Twitter. He wrote, "we're on day 1 of shooting....wolverine is back...feel so pumped about this one......never felt so ready!!!! will keep y'all posted!!!"
Jackman, who is also an Australia native, followed it up by posting a picture that gave a look at his healthy meal that he ate on the set. Along with the photo, he tweeted, "and you know what that means.... the wolverine diet!! this was meal 2 at 9am this morning."
"The Wolverine" will take its cue from the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, which is set in Japan. It follows the mutant hero as he deals with ninjas and struggles whether to follow his animal killer instincts or live under a samurai's code of honor and respect.
Scheduled for a July 26, 2013 U.S. release, the Marvel movie is helmed by James Mangold with Mark Bomback and Christopher McQuarrie penning the script.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl