50 Cent Releases New Single 'New Day' Ft. Alicia Keys and Dr. Dre
Earlier this month, 50 Cent announced a collaboration with Alicia Keys and Dr. Dre. After a few weeks and some teasing, the full track is finally out. The song is expected to appear in Fiddy's upcoming album, "Street King Immortal", due in the U.S. on November 13.
As previously speculated, Keys' part was lifted off her song of the same title. She gives the song a bright high-energy bump with her stunning vocals on the chorus as singing, "Party people say, party people say/ It's a new day, it's a new day/ World is gettin' ready, everybody's ready, yeah!/ For a new day, for a new day, celebrate."
50 Cent and Dre rap about their accomplishments and how they got to where they are now. "I woke up this morning thinking 'bout the old me/ When I was feeling like, miller light and OE/ But now I ride on some conscious s***/ I'm getting bread while I toast to my accomplishments," spits Dre in the first verse.
After another serving of Keys' spectacular voice, 50 narrates a grittier, darker story with a happy ending, "Growing up in poverty ain't filled my heart with larceny." He then brings it back with a more positive tone, "True story I said I'd get rich or die trying/ I did it, good luck sucker, tryna stop my shine."
Fiddy has been busy outside the studio as well. He has recently become a licensed boxing promoter and has teamed up with boxing champ, Floyd Mayweather, to form The Money Team Promotions.
More 50 Cent News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'