50 Cent Releases New Single 'New Day' Ft. Alicia Keys and Dr. Dre
Earlier this month, 50 Cent announced a collaboration with Alicia Keys and Dr. Dre. After a few weeks and some teasing, the full track is finally out. The song is expected to appear in Fiddy's upcoming album, "Street King Immortal", due in the U.S. on November 13.
As previously speculated, Keys' part was lifted off her song of the same title. She gives the song a bright high-energy bump with her stunning vocals on the chorus as singing, "Party people say, party people say/ It's a new day, it's a new day/ World is gettin' ready, everybody's ready, yeah!/ For a new day, for a new day, celebrate."
50 Cent and Dre rap about their accomplishments and how they got to where they are now. "I woke up this morning thinking 'bout the old me/ When I was feeling like, miller light and OE/ But now I ride on some conscious s***/ I'm getting bread while I toast to my accomplishments," spits Dre in the first verse.
After another serving of Keys' spectacular voice, 50 narrates a grittier, darker story with a happy ending, "Growing up in poverty ain't filled my heart with larceny." He then brings it back with a more positive tone, "True story I said I'd get rich or die trying/ I did it, good luck sucker, tryna stop my shine."
Fiddy has been busy outside the studio as well. He has recently become a licensed boxing promoter and has teamed up with boxing champ, Floyd Mayweather, to form The Money Team Promotions.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent