50 Cent Releases New Single 'New Day' Ft. Alicia Keys and Dr. Dre
Earlier this month, 50 Cent announced a collaboration with Alicia Keys and Dr. Dre. After a few weeks and some teasing, the full track is finally out. The song is expected to appear in Fiddy's upcoming album, "Street King Immortal", due in the U.S. on November 13.
As previously speculated, Keys' part was lifted off her song of the same title. She gives the song a bright high-energy bump with her stunning vocals on the chorus as singing, "Party people say, party people say/ It's a new day, it's a new day/ World is gettin' ready, everybody's ready, yeah!/ For a new day, for a new day, celebrate."
50 Cent and Dre rap about their accomplishments and how they got to where they are now. "I woke up this morning thinking 'bout the old me/ When I was feeling like, miller light and OE/ But now I ride on some conscious s***/ I'm getting bread while I toast to my accomplishments," spits Dre in the first verse.
After another serving of Keys' spectacular voice, 50 narrates a grittier, darker story with a happy ending, "Growing up in poverty ain't filled my heart with larceny." He then brings it back with a more positive tone, "True story I said I'd get rich or die trying/ I did it, good luck sucker, tryna stop my shine."
Fiddy has been busy outside the studio as well. He has recently become a licensed boxing promoter and has teamed up with boxing champ, Floyd Mayweather, to form The Money Team Promotions.
More 50 Cent News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video