Carrie Underwood's 'Blown Away' Music Video Arrives
Carrie Underwood has premiered the music video for her single "Blown Away" on Monday, July 30. She trades Dorothy's ruby slippers for red cowboy boots in this "Wizard of Oz"-themed music video.
The country singer plays a modern-day Dorothy who has to endure an abusive father. The visuals open in black and white with a disheveled Carrie trying to do her homework. Her scruffy, alcoholic on-screen dad then clutches onto her arm and hurts her when she refuses his offer to help with her homework. She runs out while the man yells out, "I am your father, young lady!"
The southern belle then walks off and watches the sky as a storm brews. She passes through a graveyard while singing, "Her daddy was a mean old mister/ Mama was an angel in the ground."
She runs back home to see that a tornado heads for her house. She tries to wake her father up but he is completely out cold passing out from drinking too much. She hides in the cellar and when she emerges, the storm has gone and has taken her father with it. It is the start of a brighter day for this story's Dorothy.
In an interview posted on her YouTube channel, Underwood describes that she "got chills all over my body" the first time she heard the demo for the song. "The more I listened to it, the more I liked it," she continues, "and the more I could imagine what we were gonna do with it and how big we were gonna make it and how epic we were gonna make it."
"Blown Away" is a cut from the album of the same title. It dropped on May 1 through Arista Nashville. It is Underwood's fourth record.
Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away" Music Video
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby