Oprah Winfrey, Lenny Kravitz and Cuba Gooding Jr. Go Vintage on 'The Butler' Set
Oprah Winfrey was spotted rocking a 1950s style on the New Orleans, La. set of "The Butler" on Friday, July 27. The former daytime talk-show host has her hair arranged in a beehive while wearing a patterned shirt paired with cropped trousers and low heels. She completed her look by doning a gold chain around her neck.
Also spotted on set were Lenny Kravitz and Cuba Gooding Jr.. The former was wearing a beige sweater teamed with a pair of khaki trousers as he walked around the set, while the later was all smiles when pictured on the set wearing gray trousers and a white shirt.
"The Butler" marks Winfrey's first appearance in a movie where she doesn't play herself since 1998. In the historical drama, the "Oprah's Next Chapter" host plays Gloria Gaines, who is the wife of Forest Whitaker's Eugene Allen.
Joining them in the cast ensemble are Alex Pettyfer, Minka Kelly as well as some big names in movie industry such as Robin Williams, Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda and Nicole Kidman. Lee Daniels, who previously worked on "Monster's Ball" and "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", serves as the helmer.
Based on Wil Haygood's Washington Post article "A Butler Well Served by This Election", the biopic centers on the life of Allen, who started his career in the White House as a "pantry man" in 1952. At that time, black people weren't allowed to use public restrooms in his native Virginia.
He ended up serving eight presidents and had a unique front row seat as political and racial history was being made, from the Vietnam War and the civil rights movement to the assassinations of Martin Luther King Jr., President John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy Jr.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed