Oprah Winfrey, Lenny Kravitz and Cuba Gooding Jr. Go Vintage on 'The Butler' Set
Oprah Winfrey was spotted rocking a 1950s style on the New Orleans, La. set of "The Butler" on Friday, July 27. The former daytime talk-show host has her hair arranged in a beehive while wearing a patterned shirt paired with cropped trousers and low heels. She completed her look by doning a gold chain around her neck.
Also spotted on set were Lenny Kravitz and Cuba Gooding Jr.. The former was wearing a beige sweater teamed with a pair of khaki trousers as he walked around the set, while the later was all smiles when pictured on the set wearing gray trousers and a white shirt.
"The Butler" marks Winfrey's first appearance in a movie where she doesn't play herself since 1998. In the historical drama, the "Oprah's Next Chapter" host plays Gloria Gaines, who is the wife of Forest Whitaker's Eugene Allen.
Joining them in the cast ensemble are Alex Pettyfer, Minka Kelly as well as some big names in movie industry such as Robin Williams, Liam Neeson, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda and Nicole Kidman. Lee Daniels, who previously worked on "Monster's Ball" and "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", serves as the helmer.
Based on Wil Haygood's Washington Post article "A Butler Well Served by This Election", the biopic centers on the life of Allen, who started his career in the White House as a "pantry man" in 1952. At that time, black people weren't allowed to use public restrooms in his native Virginia.
He ended up serving eight presidents and had a unique front row seat as political and racial history was being made, from the Vietnam War and the civil rights movement to the assassinations of Martin Luther King Jr., President John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy Jr.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding