'Dark Knight Rises' Shooting Gunman to Be Charged on Monday
James Holmes, the man who killed 12 moviegoers and injured 58 others during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises", is expected to be formally charged on Monday, July 30. According to court documents, he is staring down 12 counts of first-degree murder charges stemming from the theater massacre.
24-year-old Holmes appeared in court with reddish-orange dyed hair for the first time three days after the Friday, July 20 mass shooting. The former medical student of University of Colorado gave blank stare and stayed silent throughout the proceedings. He was represented by a public defender and entered no plea for his case.
"We are still looking at an enormous amount of evidence," said Carol Chambers, the Eighteenth Judicial District Attorney, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter. "It's still a very active, ongoing investigation." Holmes might face death penalty, but attorneys will consult with the victims' families before making any decision.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'