'Dark Knight Rises' Shooting Gunman to Be Charged on Monday
James Holmes, the man who killed 12 moviegoers and injured 58 others during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises", is expected to be formally charged on Monday, July 30. According to court documents, he is staring down 12 counts of first-degree murder charges stemming from the theater massacre.
24-year-old Holmes appeared in court with reddish-orange dyed hair for the first time three days after the Friday, July 20 mass shooting. The former medical student of University of Colorado gave blank stare and stayed silent throughout the proceedings. He was represented by a public defender and entered no plea for his case.
"We are still looking at an enormous amount of evidence," said Carol Chambers, the Eighteenth Judicial District Attorney, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter. "It's still a very active, ongoing investigation." Holmes might face death penalty, but attorneys will consult with the victims' families before making any decision.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?