'Dark Knight Rises' Shooting Gunman to Be Charged on Monday
James Holmes, the man who killed 12 moviegoers and injured 58 others during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises", is expected to be formally charged on Monday, July 30. According to court documents, he is staring down 12 counts of first-degree murder charges stemming from the theater massacre.
24-year-old Holmes appeared in court with reddish-orange dyed hair for the first time three days after the Friday, July 20 mass shooting. The former medical student of University of Colorado gave blank stare and stayed silent throughout the proceedings. He was represented by a public defender and entered no plea for his case.
"We are still looking at an enormous amount of evidence," said Carol Chambers, the Eighteenth Judicial District Attorney, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter. "It's still a very active, ongoing investigation." Holmes might face death penalty, but attorneys will consult with the victims' families before making any decision.
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis