'Anger Management' Will Up Martin Sheen to Series Regular as Show Nears Renewal
Charlie Sheen is likely to stay for a long time on FX. John Landgraf, the president and general manager for the cable channel, said that the 46-year-old actor's "Anger Management" has so far given indication that it would reach the undisclosed ratings threshold required to pick up the show for 90 more episodes.
"The series up until now has given us every indication [that it will return]," Landgraf told reporters at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour in Beverly Hills on Saturday, July 28. He, however, stressed that they wouldn't renew the show until it ended its 10-episode run, stating, "We won't make a decision on the 90 episodes until all 10 have aired."
Should the sitcom last beyond its 10-episode run, it will promote Martin Sheen, Charlie's real-life father who is set to guest star later this season as Charlie Goodson's dad, to series regular. "What the entry of Martin Sheen's character will do is it will give an extra dimension to the show and make it a multi-generational family show," Landgraf teased.
He went on sharing, "The show will still deal with his relationship with his patients and the women in his life, but will also [expand to focus on his family]."
Also taking the stage of the FX panel at TCA, Charlie gushed about the show's possible renewal, "It's exciting as hell." He added, "Look who I get to work with. This is a really amazing group... I don't think 90 [is] going to be enough... I feel with how we've started that we just scratched the surface - barely."
Aside from the talks about the future of "Anger Management", it was announced at the panel that FX has renewed "Louie" for a fourth season and ordered 7 more episodes of "Brand X with Russell Brand". The network additionally has given a greenlight to an American version of Danish drama "The Bridge" ("Broen"), while Landgraf hinted that "Wilfred" would return for a third season.
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'