Usher's Stepson Laid to Rest in Atlanta
A funeral for Usher's 11-year-old stepson, Kile Glover, was held in Atlanta on Friday, July 27. The kid was laid to rest in a cemetery near the Wieuca Road Baptist Church in Buckhead, where a heartfelt memorial service was held.
His mother Tameka Foster, who's also an ex-wife of Usher, was seen among the mourners. The casket was brought outside the church with a somber recessional led by a trumpeter before it was taken to the cemetery in a white carriage.
Kile suffered a brain dead after being hit by a passing jet while he was riding an inner tube at Lake Lanier. He was unresponsive when taken out of the water and showed no signs of recovery after being treated in a hospital for two weeks. He was taken off life support on July 21.
"Many have asked where to send flowers, but in Lieu of flowers. we ask that you make a contribution to the Kile Glover Fund @ Bank of America Our goal to to increase water safety- thru implementing laws, policies & education," Tameka tweeted.
"I appreciate the hundreds, perhaps thousands of prayers. I'm so grateful to you guys. Kile was the most fun, creative, sweet, respectful boy," she additionally wrote. "Kiles passing will not be in vain, we will see to this." Kile is her son with clothier-turned-TV executive Ryan Glover.
More Usher News
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC