Katherine Seeks Joint Guardianship of Michael Jackson's Kids With TJ
Katherine Jackson has a change of heart in the guardianship battle of Michael Jackson's children. Instead of trying to strip off TJ's court-approved duty to take care of the kids, the Jackson matriarch will head to court to seek joint guardianship with her 34-year-old grandson.
"That pleading will essentially now legally reflect how Mrs. Jackson and TJ have often shared responsibilities of raising the children since Michael Jackson's tragic passing," her lawyer Perry Sanders tells TMZ. "[It] reflected the wishes of [Michael Jackson's] children."
In the new arrangement, Katherine will still have the power to control the family's finance. TJ will assist her in handling day-to-day responsibilities including management of household personnel and security that reportedly have been stressing her out.
"It will also make clear for school personnel and anyone else coming into contact with the children that TJ is authorized to act on their behalf," Perry says. "Mrs. Jackson will then be freed up to focus on the more personal everyday decision making related to the lives and activities of the children."
The attorney concludes, "Mrs. Jackson is extremely pleased with the prospect of enjoying the pleasure of raising Michael's children without the day-to-day tedium of items such as managing the large staff that goes with such a high profile family and focus her attention on being a grandmother and raising Michael's children."
TJ was appointed as a temporary guardian of Paris, Prince and Blanket after Katherine was away for several days to visit her daughter Rebbie in Arizona. The 82-year-old's children Randy, Rebbie, Janet Jackson, Jermaine Jackson said she suffered a "mini-stroke," but she assured that she was fine.
More Michael Jackson News
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert