Katherine Seeks Joint Guardianship of Michael Jackson's Kids With TJ
Katherine Jackson has a change of heart in the guardianship battle of Michael Jackson's children. Instead of trying to strip off TJ's court-approved duty to take care of the kids, the Jackson matriarch will head to court to seek joint guardianship with her 34-year-old grandson.
"That pleading will essentially now legally reflect how Mrs. Jackson and TJ have often shared responsibilities of raising the children since Michael Jackson's tragic passing," her lawyer Perry Sanders tells TMZ. "[It] reflected the wishes of [Michael Jackson's] children."
In the new arrangement, Katherine will still have the power to control the family's finance. TJ will assist her in handling day-to-day responsibilities including management of household personnel and security that reportedly have been stressing her out.
"It will also make clear for school personnel and anyone else coming into contact with the children that TJ is authorized to act on their behalf," Perry says. "Mrs. Jackson will then be freed up to focus on the more personal everyday decision making related to the lives and activities of the children."
The attorney concludes, "Mrs. Jackson is extremely pleased with the prospect of enjoying the pleasure of raising Michael's children without the day-to-day tedium of items such as managing the large staff that goes with such a high profile family and focus her attention on being a grandmother and raising Michael's children."
TJ was appointed as a temporary guardian of Paris, Prince and Blanket after Katherine was away for several days to visit her daughter Rebbie in Arizona. The 82-year-old's children Randy, Rebbie, Janet Jackson, Jermaine Jackson said she suffered a "mini-stroke," but she assured that she was fine.
More Michael Jackson News
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna