Madonna's Rep Issues Statement Regarding France Booing Incident
After performing for just 45 minutes at Paris' l'Olympia, Madonna was booed and insulted by her French fans. Liz Rosenberg, a representative for the pop diva, has issued a statement regarding the incident.
"Madonna's Paris club show was planned as her heartfelt thank you to France which she expressed at the start of her show. Despite a grueling concert tour, she desperately wanted to perform for her fans in an intimate setting at the historic Olympia as a means to honor her love for French artists, French cinema and a tribute to France's long history of welcoming and inspiring artists, authors, painters, poets and minorities from other countries over the years," the rep says in the statement.
"The show was not billed as her full MDNA concert and tremendous effort was made to keep the ticket prices reasonable ($100 for 2000 floor seats) and keep them strictly for her fans," she explains before adding, "The show cost Madonna close to a million dollars to produce. She has done a handful of club dates in the past and they were never more than 45 minutes."
The Paris show held on Thursday, July 26 was a last-minute addition to the MDNA schedule. After ending the show with a performance of Serge Gainsbourg's "Je t'aime", the singer left the stage and did not return for an encore. This prompted loud boos from the crowd mixed with insults such as "sl*t." The concertgoers also demanded for refunds.
More Madonna News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4