Ryan Seacrest Developing Culinary-Themed Comedy 'Food Fight'
Ryan Seacrest is preparing a new silver screen project. Teaming up with Paramount Pictures, the famed radio personality is set to produce a culinary-themed comedy called "Food Fight", The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The "American Idol" host will produce the film along with Adam Sher. The movie itself will be loosely based on celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's reality show "Food Revolution". David Posamentier and Geoff Moore have been tapped to serve as the writers.
"Food Fight" follows an L.A. chef who is famous for his popular gourmet food truck. One day, he gets into trouble and sentenced to work at a school. There, he revamps the school's lunch program with a ragtag group of kids.
According to THR, the planned comedy will be set in the vein to 2003's "School of Rock", which starred Jack Black. The upcoming film was inspired by chef Oliver's goal to bring healthy food choices to school amid health problems associated with poor nutrition.
In addition to "Food Fight", Seacrest has been developing a romantic comedy film. Joining forces with Reese Witherspoon, the reality mogul has set his first big screen producing debut at Universal Pictures. Details of the untitled Ryan Seacrest/Reese Witherspoon project are still kept under wraps.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen