Ryan Seacrest Developing Culinary-Themed Comedy 'Food Fight'
Ryan Seacrest is preparing a new silver screen project. Teaming up with Paramount Pictures, the famed radio personality is set to produce a culinary-themed comedy called "Food Fight", The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The "American Idol" host will produce the film along with Adam Sher. The movie itself will be loosely based on celebrity chef Jamie Oliver's reality show "Food Revolution". David Posamentier and Geoff Moore have been tapped to serve as the writers.
"Food Fight" follows an L.A. chef who is famous for his popular gourmet food truck. One day, he gets into trouble and sentenced to work at a school. There, he revamps the school's lunch program with a ragtag group of kids.
According to THR, the planned comedy will be set in the vein to 2003's "School of Rock", which starred Jack Black. The upcoming film was inspired by chef Oliver's goal to bring healthy food choices to school amid health problems associated with poor nutrition.
In addition to "Food Fight", Seacrest has been developing a romantic comedy film. Joining forces with Reese Witherspoon, the reality mogul has set his first big screen producing debut at Universal Pictures. Details of the untitled Ryan Seacrest/Reese Witherspoon project are still kept under wraps.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation