'The Dark Knight Rises' Composer Dedicates New Song to Aurora Victims
Hans Zimmer, the composer for "The Dark Knight Rises", has recorded a song which he dedicates to the victims of the Aurora, Colarado movie theater shooting. The track entitled "Aurora" was unveiled on the composer's Facebook page on Friday, July 27.
In the Facebook post, he said, " 'Aurora' is dedicated to those who lost their lives and were affected by the tragedy in Aurora, Colarado. I recorded this song in London in the days following the tragedy as a heartfelt tribute to the victims and their families. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Aurora Victim Relief organization."
He also included a link to watertowermusic.moontoast.com where people can listen to a preview of the song and download it. The track can be downloaded for a minimum donation of 10 cents. However, those who want to give more can donate up to $2,500.
In an interview with Rolling Stone done just days after the shooting, Zimmer said, "When we set up this interview, we didn't know that things would change. I was going to send a note to Chris [Nolan] ... but I didn't have the words. Suddenly, words become meaningless because it's so beyond anything. Devastated, I suppose, is the word."
He went on commenting on the gruesome event, "It's just sad. Here we are, we were trying to celebrate this movie and celebrating that we'd finished it and then this happened. I just feel so incredibly sad for these people."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video