Dane Cook Apologizes for Making Insensitive Joke About Colorado Shooting
Dane Cook regrets his joke about mass Colorado shooting that happened during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" on July 20. The 40-year-old comedian takes to Twitter to express his remorse and to apologize for his insensitive remarks.
"I am devastated by the recent tragedy in Colorado & did not mean to make light of what happened. I made a bad judgment call with my material last night & regret making a joke at such a sensitive time," he says. "My heart goes out to all of the families & friends of the victims."
Cook made the joke when taking the stage at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles on Thursday, July 26. "So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie," he said. "And I don't know if you've seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of s***."
"Yeah, spoiler alert," the stand-up comedian continued. "I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of s***, was probably like, 'Ugh f***ing shoot me'."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says