Dane Cook Apologizes for Making Insensitive Joke About Colorado Shooting
Dane Cook regrets his joke about mass Colorado shooting that happened during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" on July 20. The 40-year-old comedian takes to Twitter to express his remorse and to apologize for his insensitive remarks.
"I am devastated by the recent tragedy in Colorado & did not mean to make light of what happened. I made a bad judgment call with my material last night & regret making a joke at such a sensitive time," he says. "My heart goes out to all of the families & friends of the victims."
Cook made the joke when taking the stage at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles on Thursday, July 26. "So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie," he said. "And I don't know if you've seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of s***."
"Yeah, spoiler alert," the stand-up comedian continued. "I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of s***, was probably like, 'Ugh f***ing shoot me'."
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill