Dane Cook Apologizes for Making Insensitive Joke About Colorado Shooting
Dane Cook regrets his joke about mass Colorado shooting that happened during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" on July 20. The 40-year-old comedian takes to Twitter to express his remorse and to apologize for his insensitive remarks.
"I am devastated by the recent tragedy in Colorado & did not mean to make light of what happened. I made a bad judgment call with my material last night & regret making a joke at such a sensitive time," he says. "My heart goes out to all of the families & friends of the victims."
Cook made the joke when taking the stage at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles on Thursday, July 26. "So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie," he said. "And I don't know if you've seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of s***."
"Yeah, spoiler alert," the stand-up comedian continued. "I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of s***, was probably like, 'Ugh f***ing shoot me'."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season