Dane Cook Apologizes for Making Insensitive Joke About Colorado Shooting
Dane Cook regrets his joke about mass Colorado shooting that happened during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" on July 20. The 40-year-old comedian takes to Twitter to express his remorse and to apologize for his insensitive remarks.
"I am devastated by the recent tragedy in Colorado & did not mean to make light of what happened. I made a bad judgment call with my material last night & regret making a joke at such a sensitive time," he says. "My heart goes out to all of the families & friends of the victims."
Cook made the joke when taking the stage at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles on Thursday, July 26. "So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie," he said. "And I don't know if you've seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of s***."
"Yeah, spoiler alert," the stand-up comedian continued. "I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of s***, was probably like, 'Ugh f***ing shoot me'."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance