Rupert Sanders' Dad Defends Son in Kristen Stewart Cheating Scandal
Although many were shocked by Kristen Stewart's tryst with Rupert Sanders, the director's father Michael insisted it was not a big deal. "From what I gather nothing really happened and it is all a lot of fuss about nothing," the older Sanders told PEOPLE.
"I should imagine it was something very brief," he said. "She is a very pretty girl and when you work that closely with someone for so long, sometimes things happen." He continued defending his son, "He is very honorable, hardworking and [a] dedicated father and filmmaker."
Michael was also adamant that Rupert and his wife Liberty Ross would go through it together. "Of course their relationship will survive this. This is nothing - they will definitely survive all of this. It is all a lot of fuss about nothing," he insisted.
Kristen and Rupert worked together in "Snow White and the Huntsman", where Liberty also landed a role. The filmmaker and the British model have two children together, while Kristen is in relationship with Robert Pattinson.
More Kristen Stewart News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story