Rupert Sanders' Dad Defends Son in Kristen Stewart Cheating Scandal
Although many were shocked by Kristen Stewart's tryst with Rupert Sanders, the director's father Michael insisted it was not a big deal. "From what I gather nothing really happened and it is all a lot of fuss about nothing," the older Sanders told PEOPLE.
"I should imagine it was something very brief," he said. "She is a very pretty girl and when you work that closely with someone for so long, sometimes things happen." He continued defending his son, "He is very honorable, hardworking and [a] dedicated father and filmmaker."
Michael was also adamant that Rupert and his wife Liberty Ross would go through it together. "Of course their relationship will survive this. This is nothing - they will definitely survive all of this. It is all a lot of fuss about nothing," he insisted.
Kristen and Rupert worked together in "Snow White and the Huntsman", where Liberty also landed a role. The filmmaker and the British model have two children together, while Kristen is in relationship with Robert Pattinson.
More Kristen Stewart News
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?