Rupert Sanders' Dad Defends Son in Kristen Stewart Cheating Scandal
Although many were shocked by Kristen Stewart's tryst with Rupert Sanders, the director's father Michael insisted it was not a big deal. "From what I gather nothing really happened and it is all a lot of fuss about nothing," the older Sanders told PEOPLE.
"I should imagine it was something very brief," he said. "She is a very pretty girl and when you work that closely with someone for so long, sometimes things happen." He continued defending his son, "He is very honorable, hardworking and [a] dedicated father and filmmaker."
Michael was also adamant that Rupert and his wife Liberty Ross would go through it together. "Of course their relationship will survive this. This is nothing - they will definitely survive all of this. It is all a lot of fuss about nothing," he insisted.
Kristen and Rupert worked together in "Snow White and the Huntsman", where Liberty also landed a role. The filmmaker and the British model have two children together, while Kristen is in relationship with Robert Pattinson.
More Kristen Stewart News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival