Rupert Sanders' Dad Defends Son in Kristen Stewart Cheating Scandal
Although many were shocked by Kristen Stewart's tryst with Rupert Sanders, the director's father Michael insisted it was not a big deal. "From what I gather nothing really happened and it is all a lot of fuss about nothing," the older Sanders told PEOPLE.
"I should imagine it was something very brief," he said. "She is a very pretty girl and when you work that closely with someone for so long, sometimes things happen." He continued defending his son, "He is very honorable, hardworking and [a] dedicated father and filmmaker."
Michael was also adamant that Rupert and his wife Liberty Ross would go through it together. "Of course their relationship will survive this. This is nothing - they will definitely survive all of this. It is all a lot of fuss about nothing," he insisted.
Kristen and Rupert worked together in "Snow White and the Huntsman", where Liberty also landed a role. The filmmaker and the British model have two children together, while Kristen is in relationship with Robert Pattinson.
More Kristen Stewart News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts