Adam Rodriguez Promises 'Magic Mike' Sequel Will Have More Stripping Scenes
Movie lovers who are pleased with Channing Tatum and co.'s stripping performance in "Magic Mike" can expect for more steamy actions shown by the gang in the planned sequel. One of the hunky actors in the film, Adam Rodriguez, has teased that the follow-up movie is set to present more stripping scenes than the first film.
"There might be a sequel, which I think would have more of [the dancing] in there," said the Tito depicter to MTV News. "I'd just like to see more good times. We had so much fun making the movie, and I know if we do a sequel it will just be a repeat performance of that, and if we can manage to get all that on screen the way we did this time and maybe even more, that would be a dream."
During the chat, Rodriguez also discussed his character Tito, which was relatively unknown compared to Tatum's Mike, Alex Pettyfer's the Kid or Matthew McConaughey's Dallas. "My character, his hopes and dreams were to be a real estate mogul, not Donald Trump although he's an idol, not for me for my character," he said.
"There's a scene in there where I'm talking about Robert Kiyosaki [author of] 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad', and those were the types of books he read and the types of people he wanted to emulate, and in the meantime he's been stripping for the last however long and hasn't gone anywhere with it," the actor elaborated further. "There was an improv that didn't make it where I'm talking about an ice cream shop that I'd just opened with all these wacky flavors."
Made with a budget of merely $7 million, "Magic Mike" has successfully collected over $101.9 million after four weeks of playing in the U.S. theaters. Directed by Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh, the R-rated dramedy also stars Cody Horn, Olivia Munn, Matthew Bomer and Riley Keough.
Earlier this July, Tatum revealed that the sequel project was already in the works and the filmmaker aimed to make it bigger than the first one. "Yes, yes and yes! We're working on the concept now," he told Glamour UK. "We want to flip the script and make it bigger."
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights