Gerard Butler Becomes Surfing Guru in 'Chasing Mavericks' First Trailer
Gerard Butler shows off his prodigious surfing skill in the first trailer of "Chasing Mavericks". Coming out via MTV, the trailer focuses on Butler's Frosty Hesson who teaches a young boy the right techniques to ride a "mythological" wave which is dubbed "the biggest wave in the world."
Frosty's protege is called Jay Moriarty, played by newcomer Jonny Weston. The character is based on real-life figure who embarked on a quest to ride the iconic Northern California break known as Mavericks. Jay was trained by Frosty for more than a year, and in the process, the two formed a unique bond that ultimately transformed both their lives. The real Jay died in a free-diving accident in 2001 when he was only 23.
"Chasing Mavericks" is directed by Curtis Hanson with Brandon Hooper and Kario Salem penning the script. Joining Gerard and Jonny in the cast ensemble are Elizabeth Shue, Abigail Spencer and Leven Rambin. The sports drama will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on October 26, the same day when Tom Tykwer's kaleidoscopic film "Cloud Atlas" opens nationwide.
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'