Gerard Butler Becomes Surfing Guru in 'Chasing Mavericks' First Trailer
Gerard Butler shows off his prodigious surfing skill in the first trailer of "Chasing Mavericks". Coming out via MTV, the trailer focuses on Butler's Frosty Hesson who teaches a young boy the right techniques to ride a "mythological" wave which is dubbed "the biggest wave in the world."
Frosty's protege is called Jay Moriarty, played by newcomer Jonny Weston. The character is based on real-life figure who embarked on a quest to ride the iconic Northern California break known as Mavericks. Jay was trained by Frosty for more than a year, and in the process, the two formed a unique bond that ultimately transformed both their lives. The real Jay died in a free-diving accident in 2001 when he was only 23.
"Chasing Mavericks" is directed by Curtis Hanson with Brandon Hooper and Kario Salem penning the script. Joining Gerard and Jonny in the cast ensemble are Elizabeth Shue, Abigail Spencer and Leven Rambin. The sports drama will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on October 26, the same day when Tom Tykwer's kaleidoscopic film "Cloud Atlas" opens nationwide.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri