Gerard Butler Becomes Surfing Guru in 'Chasing Mavericks' First Trailer
Gerard Butler shows off his prodigious surfing skill in the first trailer of "Chasing Mavericks". Coming out via MTV, the trailer focuses on Butler's Frosty Hesson who teaches a young boy the right techniques to ride a "mythological" wave which is dubbed "the biggest wave in the world."
Frosty's protege is called Jay Moriarty, played by newcomer Jonny Weston. The character is based on real-life figure who embarked on a quest to ride the iconic Northern California break known as Mavericks. Jay was trained by Frosty for more than a year, and in the process, the two formed a unique bond that ultimately transformed both their lives. The real Jay died in a free-diving accident in 2001 when he was only 23.
"Chasing Mavericks" is directed by Curtis Hanson with Brandon Hooper and Kario Salem penning the script. Joining Gerard and Jonny in the cast ensemble are Elizabeth Shue, Abigail Spencer and Leven Rambin. The sports drama will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on October 26, the same day when Tom Tykwer's kaleidoscopic film "Cloud Atlas" opens nationwide.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'