Possible Details of 'Thor 2' Filming Location Add Fuel to Elves Rumor
Plot details of "Thor: The Dark World" haven't been unveiled, but reports about where the filming will take place have already emerged. It was Bleeding Cool which claimed to have obtained the information that the "Thor" sequel would be filmed underground.
The site stated that the sequel was set to be filmed this summer in some long tunnels in London. Still, it is unclear whether the set will be transformed into some places on Earth, on Asgard or elsewhere. The reported underground location seemingly matches the film title "The Dark World".
The new report that "Thor 2" might be shot underground instantly added fuel to previous rumor suggesting that the film would have "elves" as the new villains. In Marvel comics, the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim were living in caverns and underground places.
Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige once told Empire magazine that the sequel would introduce a new villain. "No, future, future. But there will be a major new villain. A major, major new antagonist...," so he teased.
Scheduled for a November 15, 2013 U.S. release, the second God of Thunder movie is directed by Alan Taylor. Returning to the cast ensemble are Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins.
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump