Possible Details of 'Thor 2' Filming Location Add Fuel to Elves Rumor
Plot details of "Thor: The Dark World" haven't been unveiled, but reports about where the filming will take place have already emerged. It was Bleeding Cool which claimed to have obtained the information that the "Thor" sequel would be filmed underground.
The site stated that the sequel was set to be filmed this summer in some long tunnels in London. Still, it is unclear whether the set will be transformed into some places on Earth, on Asgard or elsewhere. The reported underground location seemingly matches the film title "The Dark World".
The new report that "Thor 2" might be shot underground instantly added fuel to previous rumor suggesting that the film would have "elves" as the new villains. In Marvel comics, the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim were living in caverns and underground places.
Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige once told Empire magazine that the sequel would introduce a new villain. "No, future, future. But there will be a major new villain. A major, major new antagonist...," so he teased.
Scheduled for a November 15, 2013 U.S. release, the second God of Thunder movie is directed by Alan Taylor. Returning to the cast ensemble are Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress