Possible Details of 'Thor 2' Filming Location Add Fuel to Elves Rumor
Plot details of "Thor: The Dark World" haven't been unveiled, but reports about where the filming will take place have already emerged. It was Bleeding Cool which claimed to have obtained the information that the "Thor" sequel would be filmed underground.
The site stated that the sequel was set to be filmed this summer in some long tunnels in London. Still, it is unclear whether the set will be transformed into some places on Earth, on Asgard or elsewhere. The reported underground location seemingly matches the film title "The Dark World".
The new report that "Thor 2" might be shot underground instantly added fuel to previous rumor suggesting that the film would have "elves" as the new villains. In Marvel comics, the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim were living in caverns and underground places.
Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige once told Empire magazine that the sequel would introduce a new villain. "No, future, future. But there will be a major new villain. A major, major new antagonist...," so he teased.
Scheduled for a November 15, 2013 U.S. release, the second God of Thunder movie is directed by Alan Taylor. Returning to the cast ensemble are Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage