Possible Details of 'Thor 2' Filming Location Add Fuel to Elves Rumor
Plot details of "Thor: The Dark World" haven't been unveiled, but reports about where the filming will take place have already emerged. It was Bleeding Cool which claimed to have obtained the information that the "Thor" sequel would be filmed underground.
The site stated that the sequel was set to be filmed this summer in some long tunnels in London. Still, it is unclear whether the set will be transformed into some places on Earth, on Asgard or elsewhere. The reported underground location seemingly matches the film title "The Dark World".
The new report that "Thor 2" might be shot underground instantly added fuel to previous rumor suggesting that the film would have "elves" as the new villains. In Marvel comics, the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim were living in caverns and underground places.
Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige once told Empire magazine that the sequel would introduce a new villain. "No, future, future. But there will be a major new villain. A major, major new antagonist...," so he teased.
Scheduled for a November 15, 2013 U.S. release, the second God of Thunder movie is directed by Alan Taylor. Returning to the cast ensemble are Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video