Confirmed: 'Gangster Squad' Gets Delayed to Alter Theater Shoot-Out Scene
It's official, "Gangster Squad" will not grace theaters nationwide this September. Warner Bros. Pictures has announced that the much-talked-about mob thriller will be pushed back to January 11, 2013.
As reported previously, the studio aims to reshoot a climatic scene in the movie that features a gunfight in the Grauman's Chinese Theatre. The theater shoot-out scene recently sparked controversy in the wake of the recent Aurora massacre that claimed the lives of 12 people during "The Dark Knight Rises" midnight screening.
The new release schedule will give time to the filmmaker to find an alternate gunfight scene that doesn't take place in a movie theater. With the new date, the Sean Penn-starring movie is set to face off Jeremy Renner's delayed pic "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters".
"Gangster Squad" centers on Penn's Mickey Cohen, a ruthless Brooklyn-born mob. He runs the show in the town, reaping the ill-gotten gains from the drugs, the guns, the prostitutes and every wire bet placed west of Chicago.
Cohen runs the dirty businesses with the protection of not only his own paid goons, but also the police and the politicians who are under his control. It's enough to intimidate the bravest, street-hardened cop, except a secret crew of LAPD outsiders led by Sgt. John O'Mara (Josh Brolin) and Jerry Wooters (Ryan Gosling), who come together to try to tear Cohen's world apart.
The Ruben Fleischer-directed film was originally slated for a September 7 U.S. release this year.
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party