Justin Bieber Car Chase: Paparazzo Slapped With Multiple Charges
The shutterbug who led the Justin Bieber highway car chase is hit with four criminal charges. The alleged ringleader in the car chase is 30-year-old Paul Raef. According to officials, the freelance paparazzo caused dangerous situation on the road by speeding "in excess of 80 miles per hour across all lanes and even, at times, on the shoulder."
Raef is charged with four counts for following another vehicle too closely, reckless driving with the intent to capture pictures for commercial gain, reckless driving, and failing to obey the lawful order of a peace officer. It's the first case filed under the new paparazzi law that prohibits someone from driving recklessly while following celebrity for profit.
Bieber was cited for speeding when driving his hybrid Fisker Karma in excess of 65 mph on a 101 highway in California on July 6 to shake off a group of paparazzi that followed him. He was pulled over for a second time after calling 911 to ask for help when one shutterbug continued tailing him. The pap reportedly got away from getting ticketed back then.
In addition to getting multiple charges, Raef is staring down at a harassment complaint filed by Bieber for persistently pursuing the singer's car.
More Justin Bieber News
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death