Justin Bieber Car Chase: Paparazzo Slapped With Multiple Charges
The shutterbug who led the Justin Bieber highway car chase is hit with four criminal charges. The alleged ringleader in the car chase is 30-year-old Paul Raef. According to officials, the freelance paparazzo caused dangerous situation on the road by speeding "in excess of 80 miles per hour across all lanes and even, at times, on the shoulder."
Raef is charged with four counts for following another vehicle too closely, reckless driving with the intent to capture pictures for commercial gain, reckless driving, and failing to obey the lawful order of a peace officer. It's the first case filed under the new paparazzi law that prohibits someone from driving recklessly while following celebrity for profit.
Bieber was cited for speeding when driving his hybrid Fisker Karma in excess of 65 mph on a 101 highway in California on July 6 to shake off a group of paparazzi that followed him. He was pulled over for a second time after calling 911 to ask for help when one shutterbug continued tailing him. The pap reportedly got away from getting ticketed back then.
In addition to getting multiple charges, Raef is staring down at a harassment complaint filed by Bieber for persistently pursuing the singer's car.
More Justin Bieber News
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?