Kristen Stewart Finds Her 'Cali' Leading Man in Alex Pettyfer
Kristen Stewart is one step closer to find her love interest in "Cali". Variety has learned that Alex Pettyfer is in final negotiations to star as the "Twilight Saga" beauty's leading man in the forthcoming "gritty action pic."
Pettyfer is expected to portray Chris, who is involved in a dangerous business with her girlfriend Mya (Stewart). After selling a fake snuff film featuring Mya, the San Fernando Valley lovebirds run away with a bundle of cash.
Years later, Mya must "return from the dead" to save the sister she left behind in Cali, where she and Chris must contend with angry former business partners, homicidal porn stars, stoner vet techs, an unstoppable killing machine in a cowboy hat and their own contentious relationship.
In additon to starring in it, Stewart will serve as a producer. The directing duty is tackled by Nick Cassavetes, while Michael Diliberti provides the script. Set in Los Angeles, the action movie is expected to kick off production in late summer.
As for Pettyfer, after starring opposite Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey in "Magic Mike", he will next be seen playing a supporting role in Lee Daniels' star-studded true story drama "The Butler".
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors