Kristen Stewart Finds Her 'Cali' Leading Man in Alex Pettyfer
Kristen Stewart is one step closer to find her love interest in "Cali". Variety has learned that Alex Pettyfer is in final negotiations to star as the "Twilight Saga" beauty's leading man in the forthcoming "gritty action pic."
Pettyfer is expected to portray Chris, who is involved in a dangerous business with her girlfriend Mya (Stewart). After selling a fake snuff film featuring Mya, the San Fernando Valley lovebirds run away with a bundle of cash.
Years later, Mya must "return from the dead" to save the sister she left behind in Cali, where she and Chris must contend with angry former business partners, homicidal porn stars, stoner vet techs, an unstoppable killing machine in a cowboy hat and their own contentious relationship.
In additon to starring in it, Stewart will serve as a producer. The directing duty is tackled by Nick Cassavetes, while Michael Diliberti provides the script. Set in Los Angeles, the action movie is expected to kick off production in late summer.
As for Pettyfer, after starring opposite Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey in "Magic Mike", he will next be seen playing a supporting role in Lee Daniels' star-studded true story drama "The Butler".
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'