Kristen Stewart Finds Her 'Cali' Leading Man in Alex Pettyfer
Kristen Stewart is one step closer to find her love interest in "Cali". Variety has learned that Alex Pettyfer is in final negotiations to star as the "Twilight Saga" beauty's leading man in the forthcoming "gritty action pic."
Pettyfer is expected to portray Chris, who is involved in a dangerous business with her girlfriend Mya (Stewart). After selling a fake snuff film featuring Mya, the San Fernando Valley lovebirds run away with a bundle of cash.
Years later, Mya must "return from the dead" to save the sister she left behind in Cali, where she and Chris must contend with angry former business partners, homicidal porn stars, stoner vet techs, an unstoppable killing machine in a cowboy hat and their own contentious relationship.
In additon to starring in it, Stewart will serve as a producer. The directing duty is tackled by Nick Cassavetes, while Michael Diliberti provides the script. Set in Los Angeles, the action movie is expected to kick off production in late summer.
As for Pettyfer, after starring opposite Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey in "Magic Mike", he will next be seen playing a supporting role in Lee Daniels' star-studded true story drama "The Butler".
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo