Kristen Stewart Finds Her 'Cali' Leading Man in Alex Pettyfer
Kristen Stewart is one step closer to find her love interest in "Cali". Variety has learned that Alex Pettyfer is in final negotiations to star as the "Twilight Saga" beauty's leading man in the forthcoming "gritty action pic."
Pettyfer is expected to portray Chris, who is involved in a dangerous business with her girlfriend Mya (Stewart). After selling a fake snuff film featuring Mya, the San Fernando Valley lovebirds run away with a bundle of cash.
Years later, Mya must "return from the dead" to save the sister she left behind in Cali, where she and Chris must contend with angry former business partners, homicidal porn stars, stoner vet techs, an unstoppable killing machine in a cowboy hat and their own contentious relationship.
In additon to starring in it, Stewart will serve as a producer. The directing duty is tackled by Nick Cassavetes, while Michael Diliberti provides the script. Set in Los Angeles, the action movie is expected to kick off production in late summer.
As for Pettyfer, after starring opposite Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey in "Magic Mike", he will next be seen playing a supporting role in Lee Daniels' star-studded true story drama "The Butler".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie