Kristen Stewart Finds Her 'Cali' Leading Man in Alex Pettyfer
Kristen Stewart is one step closer to find her love interest in "Cali". Variety has learned that Alex Pettyfer is in final negotiations to star as the "Twilight Saga" beauty's leading man in the forthcoming "gritty action pic."
Pettyfer is expected to portray Chris, who is involved in a dangerous business with her girlfriend Mya (Stewart). After selling a fake snuff film featuring Mya, the San Fernando Valley lovebirds run away with a bundle of cash.
Years later, Mya must "return from the dead" to save the sister she left behind in Cali, where she and Chris must contend with angry former business partners, homicidal porn stars, stoner vet techs, an unstoppable killing machine in a cowboy hat and their own contentious relationship.
In additon to starring in it, Stewart will serve as a producer. The directing duty is tackled by Nick Cassavetes, while Michael Diliberti provides the script. Set in Los Angeles, the action movie is expected to kick off production in late summer.
As for Pettyfer, after starring opposite Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey in "Magic Mike", he will next be seen playing a supporting role in Lee Daniels' star-studded true story drama "The Butler".
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked