'Modern Family' Cast Plan to Attend Thursday Table Read Despite Salary Dispute
The production of "Modern Family" season 4 could keep going amid the contract dispute between the adult stars and 20th Century Fox Television. The first table read of the season, which was initially planned for Tuesday, July 24, has been rescheduled for Thursday, and the actors who sue the producer are expected to show up.
"I can confirm a read is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30 A.M.," a representative for 20th Century Fox states. Sofia Vergara, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet, Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell bailed on the Tuesday table read since they did not reach an agreement with the company about their salary, but they have reportedly agreed to return to work to show "a good-will gesture." Moreover, Deadline reports that the actors don't want the dispute to affect the show.
As reported before, Vergara, Ferguson, Stonestreet, Bowen and Burrell are negotiating together for a raise and have rejected an offer made by the producer. They later filed a lawsuit against the company in Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday, claiming Fox violates the "7-Year Rule" which prohibits personal service contracts from lasting longer than seven years.
Ed O'Neill, who was said to have been paid more than other cast members, is negotiating his contract separately, but has decided to join his five co-stars in the lawsuit out of solidarity. The Jay Pritchett depicter was also the only adult actor who showed up for the Tuesday table read, before it was canceled.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why