'Modern Family' Cast Plan to Attend Thursday Table Read Despite Salary Dispute
The production of "Modern Family" season 4 could keep going amid the contract dispute between the adult stars and 20th Century Fox Television. The first table read of the season, which was initially planned for Tuesday, July 24, has been rescheduled for Thursday, and the actors who sue the producer are expected to show up.
"I can confirm a read is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30 A.M.," a representative for 20th Century Fox states. Sofia Vergara, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet, Julie Bowen and Ty Burrell bailed on the Tuesday table read since they did not reach an agreement with the company about their salary, but they have reportedly agreed to return to work to show "a good-will gesture." Moreover, Deadline reports that the actors don't want the dispute to affect the show.
As reported before, Vergara, Ferguson, Stonestreet, Bowen and Burrell are negotiating together for a raise and have rejected an offer made by the producer. They later filed a lawsuit against the company in Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday, claiming Fox violates the "7-Year Rule" which prohibits personal service contracts from lasting longer than seven years.
Ed O'Neill, who was said to have been paid more than other cast members, is negotiating his contract separately, but has decided to join his five co-stars in the lawsuit out of solidarity. The Jay Pritchett depicter was also the only adult actor who showed up for the Tuesday table read, before it was canceled.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App