'Gangster Squad' Could Be Pushed Back to January 2013 Following Aurora Tragedy
Moviegoers might not see "Gangster Squad" in cinemas this years. It has been reported that Warner Bros. Pictures has opted to push back the release date of the mob film and planned to do some reshoots to change the theater shoot-out scene in the movie.
According to The Holllywood Reporter, Warners is currently eyeing a January 2013 U.S. release for the Ryan Gosling and Sean Penn-starring action drama. Though the studio hasn't made a final decision, it is said that the film will likely be released around January 11.
Before fixing the decision, Warners is considering several factors, including the availability of the cast members to do the reshoots as well as the competition with other films in January next year. Should the Burbank studio decide to drop "Gangster Squad" on January 11, the film will compete against Jeremy Renner's delayed film "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters".
Warner Bros. has been planning to make some changes to "Gangster Squad" following the shooting tragedy that happened during the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" in Aurora, Colorado. The studio has previously yanked the film's trailer.
Originally slated for a September 7 release this year, "Gangster Squad" centers on Sean Penn's Mickey Cohen, who is a ruthless, Brooklyn-born mob. He runs the show in the town, reaping the ill-gotten gains from the drugs, the guns, the prostitutes and every wire bet placed west of Chicago.
Cohen runs the dirty businesses with the protection of not only his own paid goons, but also the police and the politicians who are under his control. It's enough to intimidate the bravest, street-hardened cop, except a secret crew of LAPD outsiders led by Sgt. John O'Mara (Josh Brolin) and Jerry Wooters (Gosling), who come together to try to tear Cohen's world apart.
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake